I am so exhausted!! We have been busy this summer! But really probably no busier than anyone else. Just all the usual craziness.
We Finally started painting our house! Ok so we have lived here for like six months and finally we are starting. We pretty much want to re-paint the whole thing. I am getting so sick of no pictures up on the walls so I have been begging KC to start. See that yellow color below? Bleehhhh!!! I am going to do an accent on that wall, not sure what yet.
Here's proof that I have helped somewhat. But most of the time I am taking care of the kids while KC paints. I'm sure it will take us the rest of the summer to finish. We still have the kitchen, master and master bath, the boys room and family room. We are sooo slow when it comes to projects!
KC got Lagoon tickets from work this year. So we got to go. His work usually does them every year and they are a small fraction of the usual cost. His work didn't get them last year due to layoffs and the bad economy and I told my kids no way would I pay the usual cost. Or buy a season pass (take my kids to Lagoon weekly? I would die.) But of course they had a blast and we are going to use our bounce back passes this Thursday. 
My kids are all in their own stages for rides. Kate is mostly pinned to kiddie land. The bigger rides she was tall enough for freaked her out. Carter thinks kiddie land is mostly lame and can ride basically everything and Preston wishes he could ride everything like big bro. And Ava mostly chilled in the stroller. So we were busy parents!!
Carter turned NINE last week!! He will be going into 4th grade this year! Wow. He got the pillow pet he has been begging for.
I threw together this totally fly-by-the-seat of my pants water party for him. I was having a really hard time deciding who to invite. We invited mostly from the old ward because he really doesn't know many of the boys from this ward. I mean we go to scouts and all but I really am not well acquainted with the parents of Carter's age yet. And he wanted friends from his new school well I don't know where they live. Oh and I totally biffed this cake that was going to be awesome. So my mom bought me a cake at the last minute because she is the greatest. But the kids had fun. At least I hope they did!!
This Saturday we took our kids ice skating. I took them while KC held Ava. Okay so remember this post where I totally made fun of KC and the way he ice skated? Totally take that back. It kicked. my. trash. However I think I found those abdominal muscles I lost after being prego with Ava!!! And they hurt. Bad.
Just look at me. Heellllllp!! Oh and everyone was making snide comments on the fact that I had my kids in helmets. Well I just happen to know someone who hit their head while biking. They thought they just had a slight headache and ended up dieing of a brain aneurism. Really my kids (and everyone) should probably always wear helmets. But I just wasn't taking chances where I couldn't help them at all times on slippery ice. So there.
Then we went to the Treehouse and Preston got to be in the participlay. It was Soup from a Stone, one of our favorites. I think Preston was trying to just be brave. He did awesome.
Today I took the kids to Ward/Community park day. We ended up staying longer than I expected. They played kick ball and had tons of fun (no pics). Then I had a $10 off coupon to Famous Footwear that expires today so we went there after. I was planning on buying myself some sandles but the only ones I liked were like $40 flip flops. $30 flip flops seemes like a rip so I started my school shopping early and got Carter some Sketchers for $20 not bad. Now my other two want Sketchers too. I have another $10 off coupon but I will wait for the BOGO and hopefully can use it then.
And can I be honest and say my house is a HUGE disaster? No. Really. I have had no time to fold and put away laundry for a week so it is all sitting in my room. I obviously have no desire to even go there today. I think tomorrow I will turn on the sprinklers in the back yard for the kids and hope I accomplish something!!!
And can I be honest and say my house is a HUGE disaster? No. Really. I have had no time to fold and put away laundry for a week so it is all sitting in my room. I obviously have no desire to even go there today. I think tomorrow I will turn on the sprinklers in the back yard for the kids and hope I accomplish something!!!
Comments