Wow! What a busy spring break! KC and Carter both had Thurs-Monday off so it was nice to have the whole family together!
After church on Easter we went to the park for a little "photo shoot! "

Smoochie...

Pretty girl.....

Silly boy!

Big smiles!!!

Kate picked out her Easter dress. Ripped it right off the rack at Costco. I thought it was pretty frilly but she looked so sweet in it!!!

What the Easter bunny brought....
I think Carter is starting to really question a large bunny delivering stuff to our house. Can I blame him??? He is getting so big...

Kate got a mermaid from the bunny and grandma bought her the mermaid castle. So we get the entire mermaid kingdom in our bathtub! She takes her mermaid toys very seriously. The boys secretly also love it. The boys got Bedtime stories on DVD from grandma. It's a cute movie.

On Sunday we had the grandfolk (my parents, well and my brother) over for a traditional Easter ham, funeral potatoes, deviled eggs, and.... Carrot cake! Yum! And then we had carrot cake for breakfast the next day!

We got caught up on a few house projects. We really wanted to paint the exterior of the house but the weather was a bit sketchy. But hey no worries, we have plenty inside to do! We painted our bedroom white (er.... smooth pebble!). We sponge painted it turquoise many years ago and I was sick of it and Carter ripped some paint off with tape so it really needed to be re-painted. I really don't like white and have no idea how to decorate but we just need to have it neutral. Then we painted the bathroom downstairs "pearl essence" (white!). The bathroom was a huge pain! An area in the sheet rock needed repair and it was such a pain. I really don't like the white in the bathroom but again we are keeping things neutral here! Next week I think we are going to sand the hardwood in the rooms upstairs and refinish the floors. That will look nice!

We also bought the boys bunk beds and moved them downstairs so Preston is now with Carter and Kate has the room upstairs and a BIG girl bed!!! We were up until 10:00 doing that lovely project. Now I need to buy Kate a new comforter as she was in the crib until now and KC and I need a new comforter too!!! Ohhh.... we still have so much to do to this house (money pit!) . This next month ought to be busy!!!

Today it was so nice outside so we took the kids to the "Castle Park!" Their fave!!!

So nice out we even had Slurpees!!!

KC wore his new Guitar Hero shirt to the park! He feels like a real band member now!

Please don't tell him I really got it from an Eggo Waffle offer on the box. It would crush him. He thinks it's exclusive! (totally kidding here! Poor KC. See how much harassment I give him? He doesn't even read this blog so he won't be able to defend himself! Don't worry too much, it goes both ways!)

And what do you suppose this thing is flying around in the sky? A motorized parachute?!?! Wow. Well I hope he had a safe landing anyways!!!
After church on Easter we went to the park for a little "photo shoot! "
Smoochie...
Pretty girl.....
Silly boy!
Big smiles!!!
Kate picked out her Easter dress. Ripped it right off the rack at Costco. I thought it was pretty frilly but she looked so sweet in it!!!
What the Easter bunny brought....
I think Carter is starting to really question a large bunny delivering stuff to our house. Can I blame him??? He is getting so big...
Kate got a mermaid from the bunny and grandma bought her the mermaid castle. So we get the entire mermaid kingdom in our bathtub! She takes her mermaid toys very seriously. The boys secretly also love it. The boys got Bedtime stories on DVD from grandma. It's a cute movie.
On Sunday we had the grandfolk (my parents, well and my brother) over for a traditional Easter ham, funeral potatoes, deviled eggs, and.... Carrot cake! Yum! And then we had carrot cake for breakfast the next day!
We got caught up on a few house projects. We really wanted to paint the exterior of the house but the weather was a bit sketchy. But hey no worries, we have plenty inside to do! We painted our bedroom white (er.... smooth pebble!). We sponge painted it turquoise many years ago and I was sick of it and Carter ripped some paint off with tape so it really needed to be re-painted. I really don't like white and have no idea how to decorate but we just need to have it neutral. Then we painted the bathroom downstairs "pearl essence" (white!). The bathroom was a huge pain! An area in the sheet rock needed repair and it was such a pain. I really don't like the white in the bathroom but again we are keeping things neutral here! Next week I think we are going to sand the hardwood in the rooms upstairs and refinish the floors. That will look nice!
We also bought the boys bunk beds and moved them downstairs so Preston is now with Carter and Kate has the room upstairs and a BIG girl bed!!! We were up until 10:00 doing that lovely project. Now I need to buy Kate a new comforter as she was in the crib until now and KC and I need a new comforter too!!! Ohhh.... we still have so much to do to this house (money pit!) . This next month ought to be busy!!!
Today it was so nice outside so we took the kids to the "Castle Park!" Their fave!!!
So nice out we even had Slurpees!!!
KC wore his new Guitar Hero shirt to the park! He feels like a real band member now!
Please don't tell him I really got it from an Eggo Waffle offer on the box. It would crush him. He thinks it's exclusive! (totally kidding here! Poor KC. See how much harassment I give him? He doesn't even read this blog so he won't be able to defend himself! Don't worry too much, it goes both ways!)
And what do you suppose this thing is flying around in the sky? A motorized parachute?!?! Wow. Well I hope he had a safe landing anyways!!!
Comments
To those of you who don't know - I actually was very excited about this shirt when I saw the offer on the Eggo box. I felt like a kid sending in my Kool-Aid points to get Kool-Aid Man mugs when I cut the form out of the box and filled it out. Now I have it and I rock! (The shirt says so!)
By the way that park is in Fruit Heights on Nichols Road. I just take 89 towards South and look for a big white sign on the right that says in red Coca-Cola letters "Welcome to Nichols Field". The park is on the other side of the baseball field.