Memorial Day

 For Memorial Day our family has a good solid tradition of visiting our ancestors. This year we went with my family who made it a tradition to go annually last year. First we went to the Terrace cemetery to visit my grandpa East who passed not long before I was born. I don't remember what my grandma said about him but I remember thinking it was crazy that my grandma once was married like me at one time. My grandpa was always sick and together they endured many trials. I also remember her talking about how cheap he was. She cracked me up.

 Then we visited Sue. This is the first time seeing her headstone for me.
Family at the Ogden cemetery on my side. 
 My Great Grandpa. My grandma's dad.
 Great Grandma.
 My grandma's brother, Pete. He got Polio when he was young and died when I was about fourish. I remember he moved very stiffly. He is the reason I am so grateful for vaccinations.



 KC's mom.
 KC's aunt who raised him since he was six. She is buried right next to his mom,
 KC's grandpa and grandma. She is still living in AZ. I have met her only a few times.
 We also saw my great-grandma Mae buried way out west. Kate's middle name is Mae after her. I have never seen her headstone last time I was there was at her funeral.

Here is the crew at Little Mountain way out west. Apparently this is where my mom would picnic around Easter time with family. There is cacti everywhere. Not sure how comfortable it was! 

Then we went to Moore's diner. Our family had breakfast for lunch. Yum!

Comments