So this year I decided to do the 14 days of February for the kids.
We started by decorating some mailboxes to put the stuff in (well, when it would fit that is).
Day 1. Homemade Hostess cupcakes that I started making around 10 pm on a Monday night while KC got some wild hair to do our taxes.
Day 2. Band-Aids. What can I say we needed them.
Day 3.
Day 4. Gumballs. The only reason I did these is because look how flippin' cute they are. Then Ava ate half of hers, Kate and Preston fought over theirs and KC ended up throwing them away in the trash.
Day 5. Red velvet white chocolate chip cookies.
Day 6. Maybe. I have lost track here. Yup we needed pencils also.
Fruit roll ups.
Star wars Valentines. My favorite one said Kan-obi (sp?) my Valentine?
Crush soda. Chillaxin' in the fridge. Next to the yo-yo-yogurt.
Chappy sticks with V-day labels. Now hiding in my trusty desk so Ava doesn't stick her finger in them. Notice the paint that won't come out of my table. How can I get it out? Any ideas? It's powdered paint that came with a coloring book. 
Cake pops that sort of made me want to say bad words when I made them. I told KC that night to NEVER allow me to make them again. The next day I was like that wasn't too bad hey maybe I will try again. I am an idiot.
Day 14. I made like 200 dozen sugar cookies.
But it was all worth it when the kids came together and made KC and I a thank you card for all of the Valentines. Or maybe it's because they heard me swear when I made cake pops. Yeah they prolly heard me curse those *&%! cake pops.
My boys were so excited to assemble their Valentine cards. And eat chocolate while doing so.
We made these cute Valentines for Kate's preschool and also the kid's teachers. Inside they say I'm glad you're in my school. Clever.
.
And then we had preschool here and decorated Valentine boxes. Oh and I pawned some cookies off on the kids. I'm sure their Mothers loooved the cookies they made for them layered thick with frosting and even thicker with sprinkles.
KC's roses he got me. He came home from work really sick the day before Valentine's day but made sure he stopped at our flower shop (we rented a house a long time ago right next door to a flower shop) and ordered me some flowers. I'm not much of a flower gal but how do you complain when your man sends you some right? And our V day desserts. Chocolate covered strawberries are a must. We had basketball practice/homework/everything under the sun that night so I just made honey chicken. Hey- it wasn't cereal or leftovers like it usually is on nights like these!
P.S.
My hubby is IN LOVE with this little love potion. Blueberry pancake cupcakes with maple bacon frosting. I know right?
P.P.S

Preston wants me to mail this to the White House. He is concerned about the Planet. Future eniromentalist/president?
Comments