This week my Kater-bug turned five. The last few months she has really seemed to grow up fast and is getting into bigger girl stuff. Last month she told me she wanted her ears pierced. I told her she could the next month when she turns five. She talked about it non-stop for a while and now she has said nothing so I am not going to push the issue and leave it up to her. Like I need one more accessory to keep track of!
Kate is such a good helper around my house. She loves to help me fold laundry and clean . But she did tell me being a mommy is a boring job because you have to clean so much! She loves to color and spell out words. She loves preschool, dancing and socializing. She is such a good big sissy for Ava and acts pretty mature when Ava is throwing her toddler tantrums and gets into her stuff. She still loves pink and only wearing dresses but is sorta starting to expand her horizons to pants if there are fun accessories involved!
On her birthday KC took the day off. We took the boys to school and went to McDonald's for breakfast (her choice of course!). Then we went to the Treehouse for their Monday Jump Start to reading program. She got to open her presents at her party later that day and her two favorites were a piggy bank WITH tutu and tiara. She has been requesting that for months. And we watched The Princess Bride last month and suprisingly she loved it and wanted it so she got that also!
This year we had TWO birthday parties for her! The first one involved her cousin who shares the same birthday as her. We had it at the aquatic center. It was crazy and sooo many people ended up coming but the kids had a blast and we ended up swimming until late on her birthday.
Friday she had a little friend party. I ended up scaling it down due to the large family party we threw. It was a ballerina party. She wanted just a pink cake but I ended up adding a splash of blue here and there. Tee hee. I loved doing the ruffle fondant cake and would love to do it again!! And yep I realize the ruffle isn't quite blending on one layer. Oopsie. I know it's totally bugging me.
We played twister....
"Twinkle toes" which was basically musical chairs only they had to be graceful....Yeah Carter was being such a goof.
Pin the bow on the ballerina. Sorry no pic. Yeah I made the ballerina stick figure on a poster. I know everyone was jealous of my mad drawing skills...
We had cake and ice cream. Kate's brothers were still acting really doofy and Kate got really mad and yelled at them and said "You are ruining my birthday!" Hahaha.
Then we decorated cupcakes. They got to pick the "skirt" around the cupcake, the topper, fondant flowers and sprinkles and put it in a cup to take home. It was the favorite thing to do. I think I will do that again on another birthday!
Now that Kate is five she is really looking forward to Kindergarten and going to school with her brothers next year!!
Comments