I always kind of feel like Santa's workshop at Christmas time. I love the constant baking and crafting. Okay well up to the last few days I must have felt like I was done because all this week I have had no desire to cook anything! Here is a peek into all of the fun and adventure..










Hot Cocoa cookies and Peppermint candy cane cupcakes for the ward party. I tilted the cupcakes before we left and so the frosting was ruined and this is the best I could fix them. Bummer. Plus Carter got sick right before we went so I stayed home. Another bummer.

Then I tried to make saltwater taffy. FAIL. Look how pretty it looks though! I guess Preston thought the whole process required his safety goggles. Looks like a science experiment which it really was. It just went wrong.
Oh yeah and pulling taffy? Ouch! I still have healing blisters on my hands and it's two weeks later. Maybe I will get a taffy pull machine for Christmas next year. Nah I'll prolly skip taffy altogether.
Teacher gifts. The necklaces around the soap are hand stamped washers that say 2011 on the top washer and Believe on the other washer.
Preston has to be my most creative kid. he took a shipping box and just made a manger scene one day complete with a star and angel on top. He gave it to his grandma. I love this kid.
Inside we have the Three Wise Men ...
.
Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus. Is this not the best Nativity?
Kate told me these are the Queens of orient. Is she not the smartest girl?
Carter's letter to Santa.
I made The Family Proclamation for family and friends. That is a bee in the middle people, not a spider like KC kept telling me it looked like. Really why would they put a spider in the middle? Sheesh.
For neighborhood gifts we made white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies, Andes mint cookies, and fudge in cookie cutters. I made KC and the kids deliver them.
Fast forward to New Year's eve. I made eclair cake. The kids were soooooo excited for this cake they love LOVE it. We also made lots of other fun food but KC just got a pic of the cake.
A behind the scene shot of Kate licking the whip cream out of the bowl wearing her $4 party dress from Costco for New Year's Eve.
2012: Bring it on!
Comments