Christmas Day

Christmas Eve I swear I never take any pics. It was really busy we went to my Grandma's first and then Monica's. We got home pretty late and put the kids to bed. The kids got up around 7. Not shabby! We were kind of in a hurry, Christmas was on Sunday this year and church was at nine. Here is a picture of Carter with his backpack handing out gifts in it. I told him he looked like Santa with his bag. He has a student market day at school where you swap used items with the students and they had a Christmas gifts one. He got all of us something including a baby for Ava which turned out to be one of her favorite gifts!

So I am trying to make it a tradition to take a picture of each of the kids with their gifts but I may have missed a few things. Oh well like the presents aren't the most important part anyways right? Here is Carter with his stash. The Kirby's Return to Dreamland game was the highlight.
Santa wrote in his letter that Preston had the most Christmas spirit this year. He wrote to Santa and asked for one of his bells on his sleigh and he got a special bell Santa uses for training the reindeer. The Polar Express is his favorite movie and has been for years and every time I see him watch it I swear I swell up in tears it's so cute.(I know...Motherhood does crazy things to you) He put the Harry Potter Knight bus together all by himself later that day and he did awesome!
Ava just loves her new babies. She has her favorite one Carter gave her in her lap. She carries her babies around all day and swaddles them in blankets and changes their "poo-poo's".
Kate got a DSI. She has been begging for one for ages. She got a refurb and it's pink her favorite. Notice the HUGE dollhouse in the background? Her papa made that for the girls and it is awesome! I always wanted a dollhouse as a girl and asked him to make one and wow he did not disapoint! I can't wait to decorate the rooms inside. I have a feeling this toy will get a lot of use for years to come.

We had a pretty relaxing day. I made Olive Garden salad, bread sticks, and soup for dinner and had Grandma and Javo come over. Javo got us a BlueRay player and Preston thinks it is the coolest thing ever. During the kids and KC's week off we have been really lazy and had a classical movie week. We watched The Wizard of OZ, The Princess Bride (Kate's favorite), The Sound of Music, and Mr. Popper's Penguins. I really wanted to get many more titles but they are really hard to find so I guess I need to just collect them. The kids spent the night at Grandma's and KC and I got to go see Sherlock Holmes and go out to eat. They also went to see TinTin with Grandma the next day. This December has been the driest December ever recorded so no sledding for the kids during the break. We miss it we have gone sledding every year since Carter was little. It has been such a nice week do we really need to go back to life?

Comments