Christmas Fun Funs


This year I had the craziest idea of making gingerbread houses. And thanks to Pintrest- an idea website in which I might need a serious intervention from- I found a nice little recipe and template. I made the dough the night before and the most wonderful thing about husbands is you find the things you don't really want to do and recruit them instead. Lucky me my hubby usually obliges.
And cutting. And baking.
And then we recruited Javo and Sariah to come and help. We made parmesan tomato tortellini soup and candied popcorn, and Sariah brought the second thing I may need intervention for- cranberry salsa with cream cheese- that was discovered on the first thing I need an intervention from- Pintrest.
Our houses ended up being glued together by a hot glue gun because the carmel "glue" recipe Martha Stuart's site provided was faulty. I love to blame Martha Stuart whenever I can.
My kids were fighting over the gingerbread houses and being so naughty and so who made an apparence? Why Santa of course! He probably heard us from the North Pole. I need to thank that Santa!
The next day we headed to O-town to see the Christmas Village. Now I know most of you are thinking....Ghetto. But I seriously love this tradition. This is just how the H family rolls. We are straight up thugs outta O-town yo. Word to your mutha.
Just put AJ in front of any little moving train and she is in heaven! Look at this cute little face!
I love watching these little faces looking at all the displays.
On the train.
.
And we even got to roast chestnuts on an open fire. They were pretty gross. I think we over roasted them. Oh well another thing I got to cross of my bucket list anyway.
The kids got to toast marshmallows. This is their favorite FAVORITE!
Toasty!

Comments