They're Baaaack!!!

It's that time of the year! I have to admit that a few years back I would go into a panic mode when my babies would leave for school. The constant thought of "what will I do when all my babies are gone all day? What will I do???"
Seriously....that was me. Don't get me wrong I'm not wishing these years away and when they are all in school I'm sure it will be a weird transition/midlife crisis, but in the meantime I am slowly creating my bucket list.
The boys on their first day. Carter is in 5th and Preston is in 2nd. Look at these cool dudes.

This is my new ride that I drop the kids off to school in. Ha ha just kidding. It's really a picture of the hi-fi shop bus complete with a boomin' system from the Roy parade but I can't help but think how totally awesome it would be to drop my kids off to school in it for just one day!
This year Kate started preschool and all summer she kept asking how many more days until preschool (while my boys would moan "reaally?" when I would give her the answer.) I love this cute age.
Here she is riding her bike to school. I am doing a co-op with a few moms and some new moms I did Joy school with last year. I love getting the opportunity to teach her and it looks like we will have a great class this year!

I have to say I have been really stressed about this school year. One of my boys has been bullied by a punk kid (and that's putting it lightly). When he finally told me what was going on after lots of prodding from me I couldn't believe how awful he was being treated. How ridiculous for this kid to take such a cheap shot at picking on my son who was the new kid at school and had no friends yet. Last year was really stressful on me and I had been praying and debating what the best answer was. I had it in my mind that if this year was the same I would just pull my kids and put them elsewhere. My momma bear has really come out and while I really am not a huge fan of charter schools ( I know many people are which is fine) I've learned once momma bear is out it's on. I will do whatever it takes. KC and I have always just taught our kids to be respectful and now we are telling our kids they also need to stand up for themselves and they don't ever put up with the stupid crap this kid was pulling. Okay off my soapbox now.
My prayers were answered when we went to look at the school list I didn't see this kids name anywhere! He had moved! His friend was in my son's class but I was trying to be cautiously optimistic that without the main culprit he would be better. Well my son came home and told me this kid also moved!! And now without these kids he is being treated so much better and I have seen a change in him.
I think it's gonna be a great year!!

Comments