This year we went up to Wyoming to visit my Aunt Pat's ranch. I used to go there every year as a kid and we haven't been in a long long time. I was so excited when we were finally able to make it happen this year. This is the first time KC has been. And so obviously the first time for my kids also.





We first stopped in Ft. Bridger to go to the Mountain Man Rendezvous. It is so crazy people come out of the wood works dressed in Mountain Man/Little House on the Prairie attire. Sariah even came up to us and said she saw a man in a loincloth to which my grandma excitedly exclaimed,"Where?!"
It was so funny I wish I could have found him and got a picture of him with my Grandma. This will be my goal for next year.
They had root beer in barrels and you could buy it in these cool bottles.
Here we are touring a vintage home.
Afterwards we made the short trip to my Aunt Pat's (she's my grandma's sister so I guess my second aunt) ranch. Her husband was a Forest Ranger and he built this log cabin. It's awesome. In my second life when I am seriously rich I will own a log cabin in Jackson Hole where I will fly (no way would I drive) there in the winter, drink hot cocoa, and just stare out of the huge window of my cabin to the beautiful outdoors while the fire inside the fireplace is crackling. Every now and then a moose or deer will saunter by. Yep, be jealous of my sweet future life.
My brother took this cute pic of our family. If we were dressed in decent family photoshoot worthy clothing this would almost be our family Christmas picture. I think Javo should be a photographer (hint, hint). Look at those pastures out there! Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam....
My seriously awesome Grandma with her sister Pat. While I was watching them visit with each other I couldn't believe how alike their mannerisms were. They are definitely sisters. They are both so amazing !!
Beautiful. I could just post picture after picture but I won't since it would take me like all day. Seriously blogger you need a better way to add pictures!
But it was such a fun little getaway and I can't wait to do it again!
Comments