This summer has just come and gone way too quickly! We have been busy with just about everything under the sun. Except we apparently had one large exception this year- we didn't get to go to Lagoon. KC usually gets huge (by huge I mean they pretty much give away) discount tickets to Lagoon from his work. Well this year they didn't do it due to some financial problems they are having in another plant. So my kids pretty much came to expect it and were so disappointed when we didn't get to go.





"But Moooom," Carter whined,"We usually have to write what we did during the summer when we go back to school and now I will have to say I did nothing!!"
So.....just to clarify we DID do things this summer. Just not Lagoon. And I really didn't miss it. I'm sure the opportunity to go will arise again soon.
Here is some documented proof we did do things this summer (oh yeah and I totally refreshed his memory on how we also got to go to Disneyland this year. Sheesh!)

Carter is in Weblos now with KC. So he got to go to day camp with him. On our 13 year Anniversary. KC and I did get away after the camp trip and we went to Maddox.

This year Preston graduated to coach pitch baseball. All of the teams were the SL Bees knothole club and he got to go to the Bees stadium and tour it and
be coached by some of the players.
.

Preston had a last day of school birthday party. It was busy and fun!


We went to the zoo with cousins. On probably the busiest day ever. And then we went to Chuck E. Cheese.

The kids did swimming lessons the first two weeks of summer. Kate got to take lessons this year also. She was elated to say the least!

This year for Carter's birthday we didn't have a friend party. A lady in my ward told me after 8 her kids get one every other year and I think I will follow suit on that one. They just get too expensive. But we did do so many fun things. We went ice skating and ate at Huntsville BBQ for dinner and Sub Zero ice cream (the BEST discovery of summer this year- I'm hooked!) I made him a Webkinz cake. And we also got cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy!



Kate started dance lessons. She got to be in two parades this summer. She also had a recital at the aquatic center and they got to swim after the recital was done. Now she wants to be a cheerleader. We are 4 going on 16.
For KC's birthday my dad got him tickets to take him and the boys to the demolition derby at the county fair. Here are my boys in absolute HEAVEN in the hamster balls.
And at the derby!

A few other random summer things: Going to S&S shortline railroad with their papa, canoeing, visiting Bingham copper mine, going to a 50's party.
So there is our summer in a nutshell!!
Comments