
On Friday we had plans to hit LA and visit some edumacational sites. Because my kids were missing 5 days of school after all. First we hit the LaBrea Tar Pits. My kids kept calling it the LaBrea Armpits.

Basically it's a pond of tar that existed some 40,000 years ago and it trapped a ridiculous amount of animals. Which obviously pretty much was a bummer on their part but hey! Looks like it worked out in our favor because now we have lots of bones to explore!

While we were doing that my Dad and Javis headed to the Peterson Museum to view some cool vehicles.
After that we drove over the Griffith Observetory. To get to the observatory you drive a long winding road up the hill (Mountain?) where the Hollywood sign is. The Observatory was built in the 1930s and the architecture of the building was just beautiful. It was my favorite thing of the day to see and I think we could have stayed there all day because the grounds and parks surrounding it were also beautiful.
I'm guessing the view in the 1930s was also beautiful at the time but now look at it. The smog in LA is just sick and pretty much all of California. So dissapointing.
A beautiful look of the building, more gross smog ahead.
A view of the Hollywood sign. I didn't even know my kids knew what the Hollywood sign was before the trip but Preston did and was really excited to see it.
Things that make you go hmmmm...
I guess the bathrooms in the Observatory weren't all to great. This is what happens when you let your husband take over the camera. I guess we should just be grateful he took this picture when no one was using the urinals.
Carter and KC really enjoyed every aspect of the exibits. I just felt like I was along for the ride I was so busy chasing Ava.
Einstein totally had the hots for my Mom.
And THEN we went to Santa Monica Pier. This is the only picture I got of the sign.
They had a little aquarium museum there we got to see it the last fifteen minutes before they closed.
Get your kicks on Route 66.
Trying to get everyone to put on the "gun show" but Preston was really embarassed at our dorkiness. He better get used to it!
It was around seven at night when we started going home and we had about a two hour drive before we got home. An hour after the drive my poor hubby was so hungry he was shaking and I was like we will pull over when we get on the five so we know exactly where we are we are so tired I don't want to get lost. By the time we merged on the five and found the next In N Out I thought my poor hubby was going to die! We had dinner at nine and the place was still packed!
Comments