California Day 2: The Backyard Beach

On our second day we totally chillaxed at the beach that is right in front of the resort. So I guess technically the post should have been titled The Frontyard Beach but if you have watched Phineas and Ferb as much as I have you would totally get it and let's face it. The Frontyard beach pretty much sounds lame.




The little bridge you would cross to get to the beach.



My 'Rents took the kids over to the beach and they totally got soaked before I even came over with their swim gear.


The boys have no problem with this but let me tell you a little something about Kate. She HATES getting her clothes wet. To the point that before she hops in the shower she has to take her clothes she will be getting dressed in down the stairs she is so worried they will get wet in the bathroom OR the hallway. So when the wave drenched her she was so shocked I don't think she quite knew what to do. My mom just tried to play it off and tell her it was silly and she could come back to the resort with me and dry off so she didn't smell like fish. It worked because she laughed about it.




After she came back it took her a while to warm up to the beach because she also doesn't like dirt. So yeah the beach doesn't really go with her preferences but she gradually came to terms with it and even had some fun too!

Here are the boys chasing waves. Seeing them run and scream as the waves would come is one of my biggest motherhood joys.

Here is some pics of the last time they were on a beach 5 years ago and they were just the same, just five years younger. Sigh, where does the time go?



Ava took a long nap under the umbrella so it was just the most perfect day at the beach. This is the life!!


I could just watch my kids create sand castles all day. They are so creative and it's fun to see that creativity at work. The waves would threaten our structure and Preston would try to draw a line as if the waves would just stop there.
I just used three different forms of the word create in this paragraph in case you didn't notice.


Carter stepped on a bee and got a nasty sting. I think it washed from the ocean into the sand and he stepped on it. He was really in a lot of pain and I thought no way could it hurt that bad and then not a few minutes later the exact same thing happened to me and oh my gosh it DID hurt so bad!! That's what I get. We asked the lady at the front desk of our hotel if that happens much and she said she has never heard of it so I guess the bees just had a problem with us or something!


Then we walked over to our resort and swam. I don't think it gets any better than this!


Comments