California Day 1: Disneyland!!





The first day in Cali we went with my Parents and Brother to Disneyland. My brother took this picture of some family we don't know surrounded by the band and I am totally jealous we didn't get our pic in front of the band. We need to photoshop our family in here. But seeing the enterance of Disneyland makes me sooo excited I was so excited to take my kids to the happiest place on earth!!


The happiest pic of my parents. We just need to photoshop mouse ears on them and it's complete!

And then here too. Notice the crowd to the left with matching family shirts. I totally needed to do that!!


Now part of the fun of Disneyland is dressing the kids up in something fun every day. So I made stuff for them or bought them on sale at Disney.com.


I found this idea on this blog. I actually saw another family similar homemade shirts. Seriously the nerve of them to use the same idea. Really.

I made something similar for Ava with a polka dot skirt. You can't really see the skirt in any pics darn it. I really didn't take good pics during the trip but it was just go, go, go! If I had all the money in the world I would have just hired our own personal photographer. Disneyland does have photographers at certain photo opp areas but we took our card of pics home and at what they were asking we just have to let them go (not that we were surprised).





The first place we had to stop at was Tomorrowland. Space Mountain is one of our favorites!!!


The ride broke just as we were ready to board so we got some photo opps before they fixed it. Then we were able to board our ship.


Space Mountain was too scary for poor Kate. After she went on it she kept asking "Is this ride really fast?" for each subsequent ride. We took Carter on it when he was the same age and it really scared him too. I remember him asking when the spaceship was going to land and if we were back on Earth he thought it was for real.



But Buzz Lightyear made her much happier!!
Then we cruised on over to Autotopia! Not really my favorite ride but the kids were very excited!

Another totally lame attempt to get a little family pic but the line was movin and so were we.


Sooo excited to get his own license! Seriously, how cool is he?
55 smiles an hour (haha that's what it said on the ride).

This is inside the Nemo submarines. The girls were really vocal in this ride.

Kate giggled and giggled in the teacups. We tried to go later but it was temporarily shut down and we didn't make it back. Darn.


It's a Small World after all....

A cotton candy break. Kate saw someone with cotton candy and she asked for some for hours and we gave in. Somewhere in Preston's cotton candy is his head.

The Gentlemen of Disneyland. Right next to Big Thunder Railroad. My dad loved this ride and they went on it twice. Preston said it was so awesome that he needed to go to the bathroom (not on the ride but after, fortunately.)
The Ladies!!

We hopped over to New Orleans Square to ride the Haunted Mansion. I think it's really beautiful haunted and all!


Then we took the whole dang gang (Ava included!) on Pirates of the Carribean. Now I am totally a fan of the movies and the ride was closed last time. So I was so excited to go on again and see that they of course added Capt. Jack Sparrow and I can't wait to see the next Pirates this summer. I know, Disney totally ownes me at this point.



New Orleans Square is so pretty. I could have just explored it for the rest of the time but we carried on.


Next we split up in Adventure land while the men rode on Indiana Jones (I missed it, snap!!) and the ladies went to the Tiki room and waited. There was this fountain outside the Tiki room that Kate totally loved and she told me to "text the people and tell them we want one for our house."

Then the boys made it out of the ride on time (and alive, apparently Carter was a "crazy driver" on Indiana Jones) and we all got to enjoy the Tiki Room together. Kate was such a crack up at this time, we had to explain that the Haunted Mansion was all pretend and she was like, "Yeah these birds are definetly machines!"


We spent the rest of the evening until the park closed in Fantasyland. It was pretty much a perfect day in the park.

Comments