So here it is folks!! My lame attempt to do a bit of catch up on my bloggity blog. This time of year I think I always have a small case of Cabin Fever. Not that we aren't busy but I am just looking forward to warm weather and getting tired of motivating my children to do their homework. So in the meantime while we wait for school to get out, we have been busying ourselves with a few of the following totally awesome things.
Karate! My boys started karate!! They have been "judo chopping" each other since the beginnning of time and now we are finally putting those skills to use!! I never really thougt of myself as a "Karate Mom" but here I am. I am learning all of the fun terminology like their instructors were referred to as Sifu Bob or Sifu Jane and for a while I thought they were saying seafood Bob or Jane. But no. I am more educated in the Martial Arts. They got to participate in a board breaking competition at the infamous East High where High School Musical was filmed. Recognize this place? Yeah the kids thought this was sooooo cool.
They came out of the class earning their yellow belts.
And yeah I had to post both pics because notice Carter is smiling in one and vise versa with Preston. I just need an awesome photo editing software to cut and paste.
Carter has also spent the past three months preparing for a concert with his school choir. I have loved hearing him teach all the kids "We go together"from Grease.
And if you happen to drop over to my house for a visit and wonder why nothing is ever clean, please feel free to blame it on this cute face!
She is into everything. I swear she is way worse than my other three were combined! I think her philosophy is I am the last child and I must do everything that the previous three havent.
She loves to pull her shirt over her head and wear it in this fashion. So glad she's getting that out of her system early!! Here is daddy putting the safety latch on her "treasure trove". She was not too pleased with this.
And now her latest is pulling herself on the chair and table to eat the kid's leftovers. She is in control. She. is. in. control. Gray hairs will be sprouting out of my head any day now.
And last but not least, this is what we had all spring break. Which resulted into this:
We walked downstairs into squishy wet carpet. Squishy wet carpet is not something you want to walk into, trust me on this one. Swear words may or may not have come out of my mouth. You have no proof.
Long story short (too late) our sump pumps were running all weekend due to the wet spring. One of the floats on the pumps failed to work so the water ran up and out of the sump bucket and into the basement. So KC and I were up all night cleaning and trying to figure out and bandage the problem. Thanks to many wonderful friends, neighbors, and KC's redneck engineering skills we are getting things back together. Really. I couldn't believe how much help we got. We went from being totally overwhelmed, tired and frusterated that night to everyone just stepping in and helping the next day. Ah-ma-zing! Now my basement currently looks like this:
Fans drying the carpet and we will put in a new pad soon. Please, please, PLEASE pray we don't flood again. Please? I know we totally know how to pick em folks. Termite infestiations when we lived in the higher grounds and flooding basements in the lower grounds. But in the scheme of things I just really think of all the people in Japan with their current situation and count my blessings. I know it could always be worse, right?
Comments