How did this happen?

My little AJ turned one today!!!! I guess time just slips away when you're so darn busy with four kids! Part of me is so sad that I didn't get more time to just sit and love on my baby. I feel I have been so busy this year and it all just slipped away. But hey we're growing strong and healthy so here we go!!






Here she is just a few hours old. What a little scrunchie face! I remember her looking so much like Kate in the 3-D ultrasounds and when she came out she looked (and still looks) nothing like Kate! She is so fair skinned like her mom and has bright blue eyes. Her growth percentiles have been much higher than any of my other kids. Not that she's huge we just don't have really big babies.

And today! Check out them baby blues!!! So pretty!! Her hair is also growing in blond! I never thought I would have a blondie.


We took Ava Swimming for the first time today. She was so cute and while she was so tired and seemed almost like she wanted to cry her curiosity really gets the best of her and it always trumps naptime and fear.
Here she is with her Papa (my dad, oh and my brother). Her and her Papa share the same birthday. This will be the start of many birthday celebrations together!!

I have seen her go from baby to toddler in no time at all!!! She didn't cut any teeth until she was 10 months and then she cut six teeth at once! She just started walking about two weeks ago and now walking is her moving method of choice. She goes up stairs and KC taught her how to crawl down the stairs. He has taught this to all our kids in a matter of twenty minutes. I don't know what he does because I could never seem to teach them and he does it so fast. So fun to watch her move around. That said, it also makes me crazy because she is into everything!! And she loves sticking everything in her mouth! I will not miss that phase! Let's hope it ends soon.

Ava has really taken off socially and is my little social butterfly!! She plays peek a boo and she says "Peek a" or "boo" while doing it. She babbles a lot and says "mama" and "dada". She now joins Kate and me at nail painting time. She has to have her nails painted too and wants to try and paint her own nails! She loves dancing with the kids and shakes her cute little booty. It is so fun to watch her I need to remember to record it.


Happy Birthday my beautiful Ava! This momma loves you!

Comments