I can't believe my baby is four!! Okay I know she is not my baby anymore but she is my heart baby and she is just so special to me. I remember when she was just a baby all I wanted was to see her grow up and here she is growing up!! I just gotta take a step back and look at this picture in amazement! What a precious gift I have!!
Here is sweet Kate soon after she was born and before she was Life Flighted to PCMC and hooked up to every machine possible! My how our lives have changed since we have had Kate! This girl really broke the mold!!
This year was her first friend birthday and we had a "Fancy Fourth" birthday party. Most of it was modeled after the Fancy Nancy book series but then we have a Barbie cake because I have always wanted to make one! We had a fancy tea party buffet complete with fruit with fancy toothpicks and fancy sauce. We played fancy games like Packing to Paris and "fancy" freeze dance. There was a lot of "fancy" talk going on this weekend!!
And then after all that fanciness we got in our playclothes and had a family party at Chuck E. Cheese. It was so busy and I think we were almost the last family out.
This was half the reason: wow it's a lot of big decision making when you have to split up all the points and decide what on earth to buy! It was like they were buying a new car or something.
Here is Kate with just some of the gifts she got from the parties. This isn't even all of it. I hope the kids don't all think this is the new standard cuz usually they aren't this spoiled!
The next day my dad took Kate shopping to "Targets R Us" as Kate called it to "buy princess wands that make the princess sound." Then he took her to a "fancy" cupcake shop. The cupcakes were huge and my dad bought two more so she shared with her brothers.
Then her cousins came over that night for dinnner and we finally cut into the Barbie cake.
My kids love Just Dance and Target had Just Dance Kids for only $24. They were out so we did the Wal Mart ad match. This was a party in itself!! The kids played this while the parents played hand and foot.
Sunday was her REAL birthday and we let her open one more gift. She picked out the swimsuit on Saturday and I got the cover-up. She gets to do swimming lessons this summer and she is so excited to go like her brothers do. She is always asking me about it. They sang Happy Birthday to her in Primary but I think she was pretty confused about it she is still new to Primary.
My sister-in-law who came over Saturday also ended up going into labor that night and she had our new baby nephew on Kate's birthday!! So we went to visit her new cousin Dallin. A lot of my in-laws share birthdays and some of them have a bit of a hang-up about it but I'm fine with it! And I'm pretty sure my SIL feels the same way about it too. She's pretty laid back like that and her other son shares a birthday with another one of our nephews anyway! Plus there are 2 more birthdays at the end of January so I think she figured it was a big possibility it would happen. January 23rd is basically when all the cool people are born!
Comments