Odds and Ends


Here is a picture of my kids the day after the first "big storm" that had a warning issued by the National Weather Service. It turned out to be some pretty "weak sauce" as KC would call it.


The other day as I was making baked potato soup for dinner Preston set the table without me even asking. Then Carter was jealous of all the praise so he poured juice into the cups. Look how proud Preston looks! Like, "Ohh yeah! I'm the man!"



And he set it just like it's taught in many fine culinary art schools: spoon, bacon, bowl, fork, and again bacon on a kitchen towel place mat. They all love bacon so this would be ideal for all dining experiences.


Last week Preston's class decorated gingerbread houses and I got to go help. I have been able to also go volunteer in his class once a week. I love doing it. But when I go Preston always says "Hi Colleen." I guess mom is not cool to say.



Last night we took the family to the Ogden Christmas Village and it was actually a pleasant experience. The weather was perfect (in the 40's) and it wasn't too crowded.



We were smart and bought hot cocoa from the gas station before we went. Not that you can't get it there also but we just wanted bigger and cheaper.



This year the village also has a "train" from the Union Station that runs around the village. I know it's a bad pic but you get the idea. They also have the free city trolley running. I sound like I am really promoting this thing, right? Ogden should pay me a bit here!


We even got to roast marshmallows before we left!




Yum! Now Preston keeps asking when we can go camping!




In baby news, little AJ is now 9 months!! My baby!! Time is just slipping out of my hands. She just started crawling. She was my last one to learn. She is 20 lbs. 5 oz and 27 inches. Kate was still 19 lbs at one so AJ is pretty big for one of my kids. This outfit was Kate's when she was over one. AJ is starting to go up stairs, lift herself up to everything, and babble. It's not uncommon to hear us say "Ava now what's in your mouth?" or "No! Put Ava down and just let her try to crawl by herself!" (to the kids), or "NO Ava!!! Don't pull out the night lights!!"

As I type this she is upstairs in the kitchen throwing crayons over the railing onto the computer and smiling at me as I try and scold her. It's like she already knows she can create more mischief while I am distracted. Silly baby.

Comments