Let's try this again...

I am trying so hard to get into the Christmas spirit. I really am. But lately it seems like everything I touch turns into a disaster!!

Like this weekend. Our family has made it a Christmas tradition to visit the Festival of Trees. More so since we had Kate and feel we owe it to give back to Primary Children's for all they do for kids like her. And every year we also try to go to Temple square afterwards to see the lights. And every year we fail. A few times the weather just was too bad and we wanted to get on the road before they iced up. Last year we hit a huge storm on the way to the Festival, braved the roads and then when we got there KC got called into work. So we had to hurry through the festival, turn around and go home.

This year the weather was looking great!! KC didn't think any issues would come at work anyways and we left at a decent time to go to the Festival, go visit Temple square by 2ish and then see the lights. Well right when we get into the car Carter starts complaining he has a headache. I figured it was no big deal and he was probably just a bit congested. Well it was a big deal. He ends up getting worse and by the time we get into the festival I realize he has a fever. Bad bad bad mom. So KC and I take turns sitting out with him while the other runs the kids through the festival, then we turn around and go home. Then we take him to the Doctor because (and I know this sounds weird) I swear you can smell strep throat and that's what it smelled like (I used to work for a family doctor. I've swabbed plenty of throats and ran enough rapid strep tests. Plus being a mom). Sure enough. So a few rounds of Amox over the weekend and he was good to go by Monday.

And yeah. No pics. I'm too lazy to find the camera and load them. But they really aren't too great anyways.

Then on Monday we had a Christmas Village tour with Mrs. Claus that my SIL set up and invited Kate's Joy school to attend with hers as well. And yeah. It starts raining that morning. But the lady who schedules it was out and the girl I sit and Kate were sooo soooooo anticipating it. And Utah weather is so unpredictable who knows what it would be like a few weeks out anyways. The rain looked like it would settle so we drove to the village. And the weather got worse. And worse. And pretty much full blown right as we toured the village. Then Marlise and I decided to take our kids to McDonalds after to get lunch. And when we got there the bad weather totally stopped. We even saw a bit of sun. And Marlise and I laughed. Rather insanely I might add. I guess my next joy school field trip will be at McDonalds. I just hope all those brave troopers don't catch pneumonia.

Sorry, no pictures of that awesome adventure. If only I had a really waterproof camera maybe.

KC and I also put together an ornament craft for the webelos this weekend. I was excited to have them show up but nobody did. Sad because we look forward to seeing those cute boys. But my kids ended up making those ornaments and so I guess we at least did that. And I do have those pics but again I am being very lazy. If I were a journalist I would be without a job about now.

Ahhh life. I do have more events planned. At they will be fun. THEY WILL!!! Gosh dang it.



I need to photoshop KC and I in here. Okay well when I loose at least 10 more pounds maybe. And mail them to everyone for Christmas cards. Since I can't even seem to get that together this year.

Dear Santa,

I think I have been pretty good this year. Yeah I know I have been a grouchy mom at times, my house isn't always perfect (okay NEVER perfect), I can't seem to make it to any of my PTA meetings. And I always feel like I'm a day late and a dollar short. But can I just have an all expense paid trip to some remote island where I can just relax and maybe even have enough quiet to think? Or shoot even a date night would be awesome. I don't remember the last time KC and I had one of those......Not since baby Ava. Maybe my mood will be much more pleasant. I just need to recharge.

Thanks

Momma Grinch

Comments