The Boys are Back!!!

My boys went back to school today. Carter is in 4th grade, Preston in 1st. Carter has been really anxious about starting a new year. He always is and he couldn't sleep last night. Preston just kept saying"I'm not nervous. We took a first grade tour in Kindergarten."
I can't believe how big my boys are getting! The other day I heard Preston in the bathroom asking Carter if he had any armpit hair growing yet. Awesome. Really though, I feel like we are getting to that point before you know it. For Carter anyways. I think maturation classes are next year. Heaven help us. Okay, I don't even want to think about it. Moving on...
So Anyways...
This morning it was a madhouse!! Not only am I getting my boys ready but I have taken on a baby-sitting job and have 2 girls as well. They are my old neighbors and their mom got a job at my boys school and enrolled her older daughter there while the younger one is with us when she is not in preschool. I know. It's busy! But I have sat her for years and she is great and her mom is totally responsible.

So there I was with all 6 kids in tow, finding 3 different classrooms (yes, I feel like the Old Lady who Lives in a Shoe). Preston's class was first. He found his seat in ten seconds flat. Bye mom!

Okay. Well don't miss me or anything. But he was so cute. And so excited to wear his new school shoes too.

Then we found my daycare girl's class and then Carter just hopped on over to his class without even saying goodbye. But I was glad he just found his friends and went on over to class. Besides he's a big man on campus now, right? Step aside mom, step aside.

We picked them up and they all had a great first day. It's going to be a crazy busy year! I have a lot of juggling to do with their schedules and also 2 preschool schedules. I might have to schedule in sleep somewhere!!

Next up: this little one will be going to Joy School. She can't wait!!

Comments