Before School Starts

I feel like that is all I am saying right now. I am cramming in as much summer as I can before back to school. I know once they start it will be run run run so can I just say that jammies at 11 am is starting to be the norm? Okay except this week we are trying to re-organize our house and actually be productive.....before school starts.

The boys finished up swimming lessons and I feel like Carter did sooo much better this year. I think it's because he is getting over his fear of the deep end. He still worries about it but is much more realistic. But that's my Carter. A little worry wart like his mom. Poor kid.

And Preston is the opposite...no fear. He did well too.
Kate was really upset that I didn't enroll her in swim lessons this year. But she would still be in mommy and me and I couldn't juggle it with Ava (mommy, Ava and me? Hmmm...) so we will put her in next year.



Our kids had so much fun going to the drive in last year we decided to do it again. We saw Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore and then Inception was next. Our kids fell asleep after Cats and Dogs which was good but I also fell asleep during Inception and it is a movie you really need to pay attention to so I guess we will rent it later.
The next morning we woke up really early to attend KC's work open house. And no open house is complete without obstacle course and bounce houses, right?
Except have you ever seen Wipeout? It's basically an obstacle course show and my kids are totally into it. So I was wondering why Preston was on this bounce house for so long and realized he was doing his own version of Wipeout. It was really funny how he was acting so extreme when he was falling, I wish I recorded it.

They had a velcro wall. I think my kids thought it was really weird.
And you see this slide? See how it looks a bit under inflated? So yeah Carter went down and jumped well it was like he basically jumped and there was no bounce so he jumped and hit cement. Well his poor heels have been killing him. I figure they weren't broken but he could not walk on them for almost two weeks. He had scout camp and I bought him Dr. Scholl's gel heels and he did okay. I just find it a bit ironic how my hubby works at an automotive safety plant and this was not safe for sure. Just sayin'.
I took my kids to Thanksgiving Point for their 2 buck Tuesday. We went to The Museum of Ancient life. Normally it's like 10 bucks to get in so it was way way crowded. Good thing my poor poor mom gets suckered into going with me or I don't know what I would do!! The kids loved the erosion table. The boys made islands with dinosaurs. Kate didn't though. She didn't want to get dirty!
They had 1/2 pound fudge also 2 bucks so we got some and let the kids play with the water toy. Carter loved it and came up to me and said "Wow mom they took a bunch of junk and turned it into something amazing!"
And every post should just have a cute Ava pic, so here you go!!

Comments