Toy Story!!

My love of Toy Story has gone on way before my children were even a twinkle in my eye.


KC Bought me the Toy Box edition with 1, 2 and Supplemental Features before we even had kids. And when Carter was a toddler I swear we would sit and watch them once a week together. My other kids never seemed to take as much interest. Kids these days! I guess Preston was born during the Cars era and Kate only likes anything that is Dora or Princess.
The series really hits home as we have lived Toy Story every day for oh, almost nine years.
The current Toy Story scenario in our home is mostly Kate's play. She loves putting all her Pollies/Ponies/anything small and girly in this poor broken down Playmobil RV (imagine Saturday Night Live "We live in a van down by the river, eating government cheese!!"). I can't tell you how many hours of play this thing has had. Well worth the money spent!!

While my boys still have an armload of imagination they have outgrown many of their toys (sniff, sniff..).

So when I heard of Toy Story 3 coming out I was soooo excited!! I just have never grown up I guess. What would become of Andy's toys?


I see Toy Story 3 merchandise at the stores and the excitement builds!! I bought Preston this beach towel, justifying it with the fact that he currently only had a Thomas the Train one and he has outgrown Thomas (see what I mean?)

And if you invite any of my kids to a birthday party any time soon, just plan on some Toy Story knick knack of some sort wrapped in- what else- Toy Story wrapping paper!!

Nevermind the fact that Preston informed me his friend got 3 squirt guns at his party. Were they Toy Story squirt guns? Were they!!! No? Ha!

We took the kids to see the movie this weekend. I was more excited then anyone even my kids (Can we please take the kids to see TS3 KC, pleeeease??). We laughed. We cried. We took our kids to the bathroom 20 times and I stood by the door with Ava. Totally worth it still. Let my inner child live on!!!
Ooooo and can I tell you how excited I am for the Trilogy to come out in DVD?

Comments

The Foster Clan said…
I so want to be your kid! I love looking at your blog you are the best mom ever!
And I LOVED the movie. I am lucky enough that my boys love it also. Makenzie doesn't seem to mind it at all.
Yes and I think Evan now wants to invite you guys to his party!