Well this post does not have really great Ava pics. I have been bad about pictures lately!! I try to capture her cuteness but I always seem to get her when she starts to cry, spits up, or she is blurry. But I wanted to put in a little Ava update!! So she is three months old now!! And can I just say she is the best baby!! Since about six weeks old she has slept through the night!! Babies can sleep through the night this young??!! I have never had any of my kids do this! And when I say sleep through the night I mean she goes to bed around ten and gets up between 4-6. That is so awesome!! The first few nights she started doing this I woke in a panic feeling her chest to make sure she was breathing. I know that sounds awful but seriously. All my others would usually wake at three am and it would be a struggle to put them back down. I keep wondering how long it will last but she is still doing so awesome!! She takes some pretty small cat naps througout the day so I don't get anything done. But I would rather be coherent and not get much done than be the mommy zombie I was with Kate. My mom bought her the swaddle me. She was sleeping through the night before she got it but I swear it helps. We don't put her to bed without it and I have even waited for it in the dryer before putting her down.
My SIL let me borrow her bumbo. She is still a bit wobbly in it but I'm sure she will do awesome in it in a month. I put her in it while I do dishes. Our dishwasher broke down so I am doing dishes by hand. Yuck! But the home warranty covers it and so I get a brand new one Monday!
At her two month check she was off the charts for height and weight. Holy crumb is this my kid??!!! Carter was usually in the higher percentiles but Preston and Kate were always like 5th percentile and Preston even dipped below a bit. I wouldn't go as far as to say she is a huge baby but a cute little butterball. She is starting to look at her hands, giggles, and seems to want to start exploring!!
Preston is the one who is the most "mothering" towards her. He can't stop kissing, loving, and singing to her. He picks her up if I set her down and she starts crying so I have to really watch her!! He was this way towards Kate too when she was born. Kate has had a harder time adjusting than I thought. She just wants me to put Ava down and pay attention to her!! But she is getting better and not acting out as much. And now that the kids are out of school, I have been putting a lot more responsibility on Carter to help with the other kids. The other night when he said a prayer at dinner time he said, "and I am so grateful for 1 little brother and 2 little sisters and the huge responsibility I have to take care of them." There was a bit of a sigh in the prayer and it was hard to not laugh but he really does a good job most of the time and I love having an older one to help out!
I am so grateful to have Ava in our family. She really completes us and I think it's great to have the honor of raising two handsome boys and then two sweet girls. It's amazing because when KC and I were first married we swore we were going to have two. And here we are with four!! But I just cannot describe how our lives have changed through the years and I just can't help but feel that the lord wanted these little ones in our lives. As challenging as it is some days I can't imagine life any different!!
Comments