April's Happenings

It seems like this last week my "maternity leave" has ended and life is kicking in big time!! Spring is always so busy. I feel like everyone is going 100 miles and I am the little car in the back going "putt putt".

So this Sunday we blessed Ava. Okay so this isn't even Ava in her blessing dress just her onsie!! But she has on her blessing headband so there you go. Why I didn't get any pics is probably because wow the insanity!!

And seriously this is the only pic I got of everyone after!! All the kiddies running around. We had a pretty good turnout after the blessing. I was so grateful for all the help from everyone making salads. One of my good friends who was there is one of the oldest of 10 and her mom would always say whoever decided to have a luncheon after a baby blessing should be drug out on the street and shot!! Sorry but I just have to appreciate that one. I mean yes I was glad everyone came for sure but it was really exhausting and I think anyone who has had a baby can understand where I am coming from. Right? Or maybe I'm super whiny.

Oh yeah and then right after the blessing KC and his brother and the dads went to the Jazz playoffs. Yeah I know we bless our baby and then break the sabbath (well I didn't!!). But to justify it somewhat you don't know when the playoff game is when you buy your tickets. I think KC had a blast cuz he didn't have a voice the next day!!! Now it's like 2 days after the blessing and everyone has left and I don't even have the home anywhere near clean and I really don't care I am just too pooped!!

KC also installed a pet door to the garage so now the litter is out there and not in my laundry room! I have been so excited and been nagging him to do it but I also had to re-potty train my old cats to go in the garage which was freaking them out with the vehicles and all. It took me two weeks and was much more work then I would have anticipated but they are finally doing it! Yea!! However now they love to sit under my van. Okay let's just hope I don't run them over. My kids would never forgive me. Oh plus it would be super gross.



And my poor Carter broke his arm yesterday. We were riding around the track and he biffed it on a hill. Poor kiddo. It's just a hairline fracture but they have it wrapped in a splint and we will follow up on it in 2 weeks. This is him after school today. It has really been aching and he said he hurt so bad in school. I told him he should have called me but he said he would have missed the assembly where the principal ate a worm for all the kids meeting their reading goal. And who wants to miss out on your principal eating a worm?
Check out my little Ava in these granny pants!! I was trying to get a smile, no luck.

As for all of my kid's crazy homework assignments lately: let's pray I can get motivated to do them!! I think I am more excited for school to get out then they are!!!

Comments

Sorry about the broken arm!! We have a couple of breaks a year!! You are such a super busy mom and have your hands full LOL I don't know how you do it!! Really! Kuddo's to you!!! Yea for the pet door! Thats too fun!!! The baby is so adorable!! Makes me want one of my own ;0)