The Last Few Weeks

Just as predicted, life is sure busy with a newborn and three other kids!! I would have to say the poor house and laundry are suffering. Stuff is being neglected for sure. But hey, it's a lot of work growing a newborn!!


She looks just like her daddy as a baby in this pic.

I love this cute outfit. My friend gave us a bunch of these cute beady socks! They are my favorite and they stay on her feet oh so well.

I think she needs some more big flower bands!!


She must be having some seriously sweet baby dreams. Oh I just love this cute little girl!! She is so sweet!

I took little Ms. Ava Jean to her 2 week well child check. And whaddaya know she is doing well!! She has gained back all the weight she lost and then some! I was worried as she is a major spitter-upper but she is doing well. She is even growing out of her newborn size clothing as you may notice above!! I have been able to let my guard down a bit and just love her. I feel like I was so naieve when I had Carter and now I just worry about every little thing. I mean I'm sure I worried then too but it's just so different now. I worry, worry, worry about every little thing. It just goes to show that Kate's whole fiasco has just changed me so much. I hope I can just let go just a little more as time goes on and quit being such a freak about everything.

I wish I could say the rest of the family was doing well!! But from day one after taking Ava home we have had every virus in our home. The first day KC went back to work I was up all night with Ava, then I got the stomach flu, then Carter woke up with croup and couldn't breathe so I had to sit with him in the bathroom while the shower was on. So KC had to take half of the next day off so I could get some sleep!! Now all the kids have nasty coughs that will probably linger for a few weeks and Kate has had the stomach flu the past few days. We were all so healthy all season and then we have a newborn and we are so sick I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Oh the irony!!!


The kids are all adjusting. Kate was really loving Ava the first week. She has to be involved in taking care of her at all times. This week she has had her tail feathers ruffled up a bit. I think she realizes this little one is taking up all of mamma's time and she has been acting out a bit. It makes me feel a bit bad because she has just been my baby for so long but I do realize it's all temporary and she will do fine.
She is really turning into a daddy's girl and loves it when he plays Diego/Polly Pockets with her. They played all weekend long.


And these two knuckleheads are also outta line. I don't let them come in our room when we have a newborn and they just sit and whine at our door. I'm like hello cats you have the whole house to wander in and you sit and whine. Seriously.

Tonight was Carter's blue and gold banquet. I stayed home with Kate (stomach flu) and Ava. I was sad to miss it and it looks like they had fun. What cute boys they are.

Spring is here! I am getting so excited!! Time to whip this yard into shape!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the pic with Ava sitting in the couch. She looks like a little, old lady.