So things on the health side have been going great for our family. It has honestly been to the point that things have gone so well I have been afraid. We just don't go through the winter without anyone getting sick. Everyone in our neighborhood got H1N1 and it skipped us. Kate's echo and cardiology appointment went so well. The baby is looking healthy so far. Preston has his cardiology appointment next month but I feel that will go just fine.
Well...then I call KC at work one day to see how his follow up went with his doctor. He has had borderline to high blood pressure for many years and not such a stellar family history of heart problems. His dad died of cardiac failure when he was 48 (okay so he had emphysema and throat cancer and probably smoked like a chimney, but still..) So being the wife I am I have nagged him for years until finally last year he went into his doctor when he was in the biggest looser program. So anyways his doctor has been trying him on several different meds. And you think for as big of a guy as he is he could handle his meds just fine but I swear he is the most sensitive person to any drug. The last med he was on was giving him headaches and his cheeks were seriously red all the time which was weird because he's not exactly a light shade of ivory like me.
Sooo.... he went into his doctor. And guess what they find??? A flippin' heart murmur!!! Oh. my. gosh. So he tells the doctor he has two kids with Congenital Heart Defects and his daughter has had open heart surgery and she has him go to the hospital for an Echo.
Am I stressed??!!! Oh my gosh YES!! You just can't tell a woman who is having her fourth child and has been stressing about her baby's heart and her daughter's heart that now there could be something wrong with her husband's heart too!!! My mind has been going in horrible places and I have been fearing the worst. I know you shouldn't do that but I've had the rug pulled out from me before and when you hit the odds you just have a harder time thinking oh it's probably nothing.
Well we went in Monday to McKay for his echo. And, unlike Primary Children's you don't get to talk to the cardiologist and get the results right away. KC was like,"Yeah, we've been spoiled by Primary Children's. If you wanna call it that."
So, because my poor hubby has been dealing with a VERY stressed out wife, he has been on the cardiologist office like white on rice. He's like hello my wife is driving me crazy and everyone else and has been down this road before, RESULTS STAT!!!!! So today they called him two days later and informed him that everything looks good on the echo. He will need to see a cardiologist if it doesn't go away soon and I'm still jittery about it but so relieved the valves and function of his heart look good on the echo.
I can't tell you how relieved I have been. I have been so emotional and was bawling when he told me everything was okay. I can't imagine anything happening to my hubby. I am one of those people that freak out when he is not home yet and I can't get a hold of him on his cell. So now everyone knows how crazy I am. Oh and I am even worse pregnant so wow have I been a treat to be around lately.
And wow it's been a busy week of appointments!!!
Friday was my ob appointment. The baby is measuring to 5 pounds! I feel like she is 10 pounds but my biggest so far has been 7# 3 oz. so I doubt she is really that big. She is kicking me like crazy and I feel like my stomach is going to rip in two.

Sunday (right before church, of course) my kids are messing around and next thing you know Kate is screaming. We thought she broke her arm so we take her to insta care. Apparently Preston pulled her elbow out of its joint (nursemaid's elbow) and the Dr. had to pop it back into place. Then she was still in pain for 2 days so my friend, who has had kids with the same problem, tells me I need to pop it back in again. So I did and fortunately it worked!!
Yesterday I took all the kids to the dentist. Wow that was interesting!! It was Kate's first time and she did awesome. But you know how the dentist goes, it always results in more appointments!!!
Today I went to the eye doctor and I have to go back next week for a contact fitting. Pretty much another way for them to make money!! And Friday KC and I go to the dentist!!! Not to mention my weekly ob appointments. We're getting close!!!
So hooray for insurance!!! And I really feel blessed my husband's heart looks fine. It's a scare we didn't need but I'm glad it was nothing more than that. I love my husband and can't imagine life without him. He does so much for our family and is the best daddy ever.
And let's hope we are done with heart stuff for now!!!
Well...then I call KC at work one day to see how his follow up went with his doctor. He has had borderline to high blood pressure for many years and not such a stellar family history of heart problems. His dad died of cardiac failure when he was 48 (okay so he had emphysema and throat cancer and probably smoked like a chimney, but still..) So being the wife I am I have nagged him for years until finally last year he went into his doctor when he was in the biggest looser program. So anyways his doctor has been trying him on several different meds. And you think for as big of a guy as he is he could handle his meds just fine but I swear he is the most sensitive person to any drug. The last med he was on was giving him headaches and his cheeks were seriously red all the time which was weird because he's not exactly a light shade of ivory like me.
Sooo.... he went into his doctor. And guess what they find??? A flippin' heart murmur!!! Oh. my. gosh. So he tells the doctor he has two kids with Congenital Heart Defects and his daughter has had open heart surgery and she has him go to the hospital for an Echo.
Am I stressed??!!! Oh my gosh YES!! You just can't tell a woman who is having her fourth child and has been stressing about her baby's heart and her daughter's heart that now there could be something wrong with her husband's heart too!!! My mind has been going in horrible places and I have been fearing the worst. I know you shouldn't do that but I've had the rug pulled out from me before and when you hit the odds you just have a harder time thinking oh it's probably nothing.
Well we went in Monday to McKay for his echo. And, unlike Primary Children's you don't get to talk to the cardiologist and get the results right away. KC was like,"Yeah, we've been spoiled by Primary Children's. If you wanna call it that."
So, because my poor hubby has been dealing with a VERY stressed out wife, he has been on the cardiologist office like white on rice. He's like hello my wife is driving me crazy and everyone else and has been down this road before, RESULTS STAT!!!!! So today they called him two days later and informed him that everything looks good on the echo. He will need to see a cardiologist if it doesn't go away soon and I'm still jittery about it but so relieved the valves and function of his heart look good on the echo.
I can't tell you how relieved I have been. I have been so emotional and was bawling when he told me everything was okay. I can't imagine anything happening to my hubby. I am one of those people that freak out when he is not home yet and I can't get a hold of him on his cell. So now everyone knows how crazy I am. Oh and I am even worse pregnant so wow have I been a treat to be around lately.
And wow it's been a busy week of appointments!!!
Friday was my ob appointment. The baby is measuring to 5 pounds! I feel like she is 10 pounds but my biggest so far has been 7# 3 oz. so I doubt she is really that big. She is kicking me like crazy and I feel like my stomach is going to rip in two.
Sunday (right before church, of course) my kids are messing around and next thing you know Kate is screaming. We thought she broke her arm so we take her to insta care. Apparently Preston pulled her elbow out of its joint (nursemaid's elbow) and the Dr. had to pop it back into place. Then she was still in pain for 2 days so my friend, who has had kids with the same problem, tells me I need to pop it back in again. So I did and fortunately it worked!!
Yesterday I took all the kids to the dentist. Wow that was interesting!! It was Kate's first time and she did awesome. But you know how the dentist goes, it always results in more appointments!!!
Today I went to the eye doctor and I have to go back next week for a contact fitting. Pretty much another way for them to make money!! And Friday KC and I go to the dentist!!! Not to mention my weekly ob appointments. We're getting close!!!
So hooray for insurance!!! And I really feel blessed my husband's heart looks fine. It's a scare we didn't need but I'm glad it was nothing more than that. I love my husband and can't imagine life without him. He does so much for our family and is the best daddy ever.
And let's hope we are done with heart stuff for now!!!
Comments
Well I am glad things are starting to settle down LOL Sorry about the elbow thing. It hurts like crazy to have something dislocated then relocated trust me LOL agian! She is one tough girly girl! Has to be with two brothers!!! Good thing she has backup on the way!