A Little Christmas Magic

It's so fun to have little ones in the house at Christmas time. I need to remember that this will pass and my kids won't be as fun. But right now they are full of wonder and magic.


I would have to say Preston has been the funnest of all. I think it's his age. Old enough to really understand yet young enough to still be sweet and innocent and so cute!!! He was really excited to put the Angel on top of the tree.


He grabbed my camera one day and took all kinds of pics of the Christmas decorations. I wish I could have taken a picture of him taking pictures because he was so serious about his pictures. He was going to all lengths to get the perfect shot.


Oh and he has been re-arranging my lights and decorations as well. This was looking a bit scary. At least he put the safety plug on the end of the plugs???



The boys have been writing and writing their Christmas lists. The previous owners of the home subscribed to so many toy catalogs! The kids have been studying them and wishing for the craziest things. Like a milk machine. Which I'm not sure where that came from but hey I would love that!!! At night they talk about how they need to be good so Santa will come.

Last year I was wondering if Carter was going to believe in Santa for much longer. He has asked some questions. This year he hasn't.


I think it's partially due to the fact that my kids love, love, love Elf and I think they take the show pretty seriously. I love Elf too. Good thing because we watch it like once a day.


We have been trying a few new Christmas goodies this year. I found this Candy Cane cookie recipe on Rachel Ray's website. It tasted good but they were horrible to work with. I was not impressed.

Then we made homemade marshmallows.


Never fails. Every time something comes off the Kitchen Aid, it is followed by this.


Yea! We're goobery!!!!


This weekend we went to The Festival of Trees. I was so excited we got to go because we were all too sick to go last year. It was snowing like crazy on the way down and the news said there were over 100 wrecks that day and I believe it. I was grateful we got there safely. It took over 2 hours to drive there though!!!



All of the proceeds from the festival go to Primary Children's. Many of the decorated trees are in memory of a loved one. There is such a special feeling at the festival.

This time of the year makes me realize how lucky I am to spend the holidays with my sweet kids.

Comments