We're Out!!!

So our home has officially sold!!! We spent the past weeks preparing for the closing of our house, packing, and moving everything out. We have most of our stuff in a neighbor's garage and my father-in-law's moving van. Both were nice enough to let us use them. My grandma has our cats in her basement and my parents are nice enough to let us stay with them until we close and move into our new home. So yes everyone owns a piece of us. And oh my gosh you should see my van. It looks like homeless people live there. Which is really almost true.

The entire selling/buying process has been so crazy!!! So many crazy things that came up with the sell of our home and then when we sold it we thought the buying process was going to be the fun part. Well not really!!! Some of the offers we put in on some homes ended up being totally bogus and we were getting so frustrated!!! We almost just wanted to rent a while and wait until the spring to see if we could hit a better market but really the thoughts of renting right before I have a baby was not my idea of fun. We considered building but it's just too expensive by the time you build and then putting in a lawn, etc. really adds up. Plus I just want my house now!! We finally found a few houses we loved and there were multiple offers on them we had to deal with but we landed a great deal with this house and we are closing on it next week. Now that I am done with the moving out part I am excited to get into our home and focus on that. The whole experience has had me thinking we could make our own version of this movie...


Wow, look how young Tom Hanks looks!!!!

A lot of fix-up projects to do before we closed that seemed simple enough but turned into all day projects. KC has been having a blast!!! (Ahem. Sarcasm). Hooray for looking up how to projects on the internet!!!

Anyways we are exhausted!!! KC has been working long hours during the whole thing and really did not take any time off so we have been up until midnight finishing things up and turning around getting up at 4:30 or 5 for KC to go to work the next day. I feel like I have really missed the entire Halloween holiday and I love Halloween!! But I am getting so excited for Christmas in our new home!!!

A lot of people have asked me if I am sad to leave our house. Of course we have some awesome neighbors I am really going to miss but we are not moving too far. Honestly as I walked through our empty home I felt relieved we are just done. That and I wondered how we have been dealing with such a cramped place and how it would be with one more kid in there. Yowsa!!!! But we moved in that place when I was 22 and expecting Carter. Life has really changed since!!! We have been through so much in that little humble adobe.

This week I think we will just try and relax before the big move in next Sunday night. I know weird time to move in but that's what the sellers wanted. We felt blessed we didn't have to wait like another month or something though. The sellers are moving out of state so they want out quickly. So it's really worked out well in the end!!!

Comments