Preston's Turn!!!


This week was Preston's first week of Kindergarten! He had to wait an entire week after his brother started before he could go! That is such a long time for a 5 year old. The first day I put my boys in the same shirt. How uncool is that???


Skipping off to school.

You have to get a pic in front of the door.



He got his name tag and then found a puzzle and pretty much settled down. I can't believe how ready he was for this. We live in a low income area so the Kindergarten is full day. He has only done part time for the first three days but I feel like he will do fine. By day two he didn't even want me to walk him to class. He was like"Moooom I know where my class is!!"
Okay well don't miss me or anything. But really, I'm so glad he is so well-adjusted. And so excited to be in school with his big brother.

He came home the first day and all of the sudden he got this huge welt under his eye!! All I can think is he got stung by a bee or bit by a bug? I gave him benadryl for 2 days it was so swollen. Poor kid. Hopefully he isn't allergic to school!!!


Kate really hasn't had the time to miss her brother. I have the one extra during school hours so she has someone to play with and my days are just as full. On Monday we didn't have any extras though so I took her to Toddler Time at the Treehouse. I have done toddler time with all my kids but I haven't done it as much this past year and missed it so I decided we are doing it again. They have some fun new displays!!!

Cowgirl Kate!!!

Afterwards we walked around and looked at the horse displays around town. Kate calls all horses unicorns. She loved the dinosaur park one!!!
The ice cream unicorn!!!


Then we took daddy to lunch and registered both of the cars. They are both due in August and KC was going to change the oil in both cars over the weekend and then take them in but he has been working some serious overtime. He worked over 30 hours overtime last week and yesterday he went in at the usual 6:30 am time and came home just before midnight!!! But the good thing is he is still hourly so yea!! Lots of much needed overtime!! I feel like we better enjoy it now because they haven't done raises in over a year due to the economy and when they finally do I bet at this rate they could switch him to salary. Then it won't be as cool.

Anyways we got the cars registered on the last day of August. And I was really worried the corolla wouldn't pass. It's 15 years old and on its last breath but it passed! Yea!!!

It's been a fun week and I feel like the school year will be great!

Comments