Wrapping up the Summer!!!

Today was Carter's first day of third grade!! Wow that makes me feel a bit old! Preston will start Kindergarten next week after assessment week. It will be sad to see Preston go! I am sitting the girl I usually sit during school so Kate will still have someone to entertain her. I am not going to be doing daycare in my home anymore for now other than her as she is very established and her parents are so responsible. That makes a huge difference. I think it has started to wear me out. I of course am always willing to babysit for dates or appointments things like that but not for work schedules. It's just too much for me right now. I need to do more things for myself and while I am selling the house it is just getting too crazy.
So I downloaded my recent photos today and found some really crazy pics!!

I'm wondering...who was behind all of it???
Preston man.
Is that MY laundry!!???
A few weeks ago KC ran in a 5K that his work sponsored. We were going to run all week before to get him ready but our weeks have just been swamped so poor KC just ran it anyways. He did good considering.


It was free Dino park day last weekend so we took the kiddos there....

Digging for fossils!
I really wanted to do something fun with the kids this last week before school started. But with all the sitting I did I just couldn't fit anything in. And then Fantasy Football started this week so KC is in another world and that's all we did this weekend. I am a Fantasy Football widow now!!! Actually I told KC if he's going to keep doing so many teams then he owes me a date! He tried to pull a serious last ditch effort this weekend but it did not work. I told him he's gonna have to try harder!!! So ladies, if your husband thinks you are mean, let them read this post and they will be thanking you over and over!!! Lol!!!
KC's brother is really into it too so his wife and I just start to tally points for us when our husbands do this and when we get together we have some girls time out!! So I think this year we just might hit the mother load!!!
It's been so rainy and I'm really excited for Fall!!!!

Comments

Tiffany said…
Colleen, I totally know how you feel about the babysitting, I did it for 5 years then I just got burnt out. I still help people out but just not the everyday 7-6 thing it gets old after a while.