The 4th weekend...

Was in-law weekend for sure!!!
Thursday night we went to the Drive-In! I haven't done that in years!!! We had a bbq at our house and then went to see Ice Age and Night at the Museum again. We went with Nate and Marlise and the cousins had so much fun!!! My kids were up until 2 am. We were so exhausted the next day!!!


On Friday we had a surprise 80th birthday party for KC's grandma in Utah. She lives in Arizona and I think we have only seen her a handful of times since we have been together. I think we only talked to her for like two minutes there were just so many people there so I think KC was a bit sad he couldn't talk to her more. It was just way too busy.
On the 4th we traveled up to KC's cousin Stacy's house for bbq and fireworks. His cousin is so sweet to have everyone over and spend time together. Carter was loving his cousin Elijah and asks why we can't just make a trip to AZ to visit. I'm like it's not that easy son.
Then it was time for the store bought fireworks. The kids were being so goofy. It was funny watching them.

And then we watched the city fireworks from across the street.
I like to be positive on my family blog but I've gotta be honest too, my in-laws exhaust me. They are so complex, so many of them don't get along and everyone thinks they are right. I just wish there was more humbleness and understanding going on. Oh well. I joke to KC every time we have stuff like this I am going in to the Dr. for major anxiety drugs because of my outlaws. My husband is just used to it. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a hard time with in-laws....right??? You can pick your spouse but ya can't pick your In-laws!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You go girl. Families are very complex.

Glad you had a good weekend.

Love you baby-bro

~Javis
Kathy Graw said…
Glad our family gets along so well. I am proud of you and KC, you guys are always thinking of others and I want you to know that all of us love you guys very much. Enjoy your week off KC you deserve it. Love you all, Graw
Tiffany said…
Amen sista!! Hello why do you think I live 12 hours away??? I asked Robbie if he would want to live in UT and he said no way, every one is so independent and wants things their way (me included, I know) and it makes it hard. Thanks for watching our kids for us and we loved spending time with you. Cara Mia now has a baby she named Preston.