On the last day of school, Carter took a list home of free activities that are offered in our area. So I have been taking advantage of all the freebies! What can I say? We are cheapo!


Remember mad mama bird from the previous post? Well hopefully all the bird food is a nice peace offering. We tried anyways.

Then we went to a pond where there were turtles poking their heads out. The kids thought that was so cool.

Then back into the van. We went to Costco after and when we got inside the store it poured buckets. Lucky!!!
Yesterday Carter went to Cub Scout Camp. He isn't officially 8 yet but he will be next month so they let him go. He was so excited and had so much fun!!!

Do you wanna know how long the wait was to get inside the train? Do you see the poster? Two hours??? I wish! No, we were already over an hour in the line before we got to that poster!!! It was over a three hour wait!!! I had no idea how big of an event this thing would be! I was so unprepared for it. I had no sunscreen or water or food, nothing. The tour people were saying it was a Six hour wait in Colorado and LA so I guess we were lucky??? And the kids really wanted to go to it. Good thing my mom came along and they had pop machines and it wasn't too hot. It was super crowded, the news was there and everything.

So this weekend we took the kids to the Ogden Nature Center. The center is 2 years older than I am and I have never been there!
They mostly have a lot of birds there. Bigger birds like golden eagles. Okay now looking at this pic I have no idea where the bird is.

We made popcorn and birdseed feeders to put in the backyard.
Remember mad mama bird from the previous post? Well hopefully all the bird food is a nice peace offering. We tried anyways.
Then we went to a pond where there were turtles poking their heads out. The kids thought that was so cool.
Then back into the van. We went to Costco after and when we got inside the store it poured buckets. Lucky!!!
Yesterday Carter went to Cub Scout Camp. He isn't officially 8 yet but he will be next month so they let him go. He was so excited and had so much fun!!!
He went on the zip line, went rock climbing, to a planetarium, shot BB guns and bows and arrows (his leader said he was a bit nervous about that one!). I loaded a few other pics that were on Facebook but I can't find them in my files. I hate trying to figure that stuff out. But the zip line pic is cool.

The boys hit the trading post before they left. I gave Carter $11 and he came home with a pocket knife and a stuffed snake, fish, and triceratops. KC was like, "Whoa he made off like a bandit!"
The boys hit the trading post before they left. I gave Carter $11 and he came home with a pocket knife and a stuffed snake, fish, and triceratops. KC was like, "Whoa he made off like a bandit!"
Like the hat? Whazzzzz up!!!
It was supposed to rain the whole day but I guess it only rained during lunch. So that was nice.
Do you wanna know how long the wait was to get inside the train? Do you see the poster? Two hours??? I wish! No, we were already over an hour in the line before we got to that poster!!! It was over a three hour wait!!! I had no idea how big of an event this thing would be! I was so unprepared for it. I had no sunscreen or water or food, nothing. The tour people were saying it was a Six hour wait in Colorado and LA so I guess we were lucky??? And the kids really wanted to go to it. Good thing my mom came along and they had pop machines and it wasn't too hot. It was super crowded, the news was there and everything.
So we waited by the trains where the kids could climb all over them....
And we waited inside the station.....
FiNaLlY we got to go inside the train!!
And then at the end of the train they had a computer display where you could get your picture taken and they email it to you I think in 3D or something. But guess what??? Carter had to go to the bathroom. So Preston and I ran with him through to the end of the train. I swear I am buying the kids catheters. But we got a quick shot of the boys at the end of the train.

How cute and funny is that!!!!
How cute and funny is that!!!!
And then they had this cute little train that runs up and down Historic 25th street but by the time we got out of the train we couldn't find it. But it runs all summer and we were all getting too tired and hungry to find it. Plus we got free tickets to come visit the Union Station so we will be freeloading again soon! This time when it's not so crowded.....

Comments