A few months back KC and I (and by KC and I mostly I mean I) decided it was time for a little weekend getaway without the kids. We haven't done that since Carter was a toddler so I would say we were overdue. Plus we really did nothing special for our 10 year anniversary and our 11 year is next month so we booked two nights on hotwire for May because it was cheaper. Who knew how hard it would really be to cram in a little getaway?
And of course we can't leave our home without a little drama now can we? Sooo..on Thursday while I am trying to pack our stuff and stuff for the kids, I go downstairs and water is leaking everywhere from our ceiling into our utility room!!!
#$%@!!!!!
Have I ever told you how much I love our plumbing in this house? So I run upstairs, turn off the dishwasher and yell at Preston to turn off the water in the bathroom. Then I turn the sink water on and crawl into the hole under the kitchen sink. Something defiantly does not sound right. I bawl, call KC who doesn't answer. I figure he is in a meeting and what's he going to do besides tell me to call a plumber? So I call the plumber. It turns out our entire main plumbing line was so old a hole eroded right through it. The plumber pulled the line out and it basically crumbled in his hands. He snaked all through the plumbing, replaced the line, also informed me that the main water valve that we spent nearly $300 on last year to fix (through a horrible emergency plumber) was leaking and needed to be replaced and also our water pressure was way too high at 90. I guess it's supposed to be at 50. He's like,"don't you notice how high your water pressure is?"
No dude. I've been dealing with horrible plumbing for 9 years. I guess I wouldn't know good plumbing if it slapped me in the face. So three hours and over $800 later I sure hope our plumbing behaves. Recently updated plumbing is a good selling point, right?
And I think my husband is in the wrong business. Plumbing is where the big bucks are. I could get used to plumber's crack if it meant large paychecks.
So when KC came home I was ready to leave my house before I burned it to the ground. But we did have a good time anyways! We made pigs of ourselves at Z'tejas (so yummy and the Ancho fudge pie was sooo good!), went shopping at the outlets and saw Angels and Demons (love Dan Brown novels, not the movies so much). Then we totally just chilled in the hot tub and slept. Oh and since we had cable we had to watch the food network and salivate. It's our thing. It was nice and we totally needed it.
And word on the street is that the kids were very well taken care of as well! My mom and grandma took them to see UP, they got webkins, and there were trips to McDonalds! Thanks mom!
But when we got home, life certainly did not skip a beat! KC scrambled to try and fix all our sprinklers and our swamp cooler was having problems since the plumber came. KC fixed it, THANK GOODNESS!!!
Then the KC and the boys went to this much anticipated table hockey tournament! And wow! They won medals and trophies!!!

AND THEN we went to the stake picnic!!!!

Every year they have the bubble machine!!!
On Monday morning KC is flying out to Indiana for his job. I hope the house will stay put for 4 days while he is gone! Is that too much to ask???
And of course we can't leave our home without a little drama now can we? Sooo..on Thursday while I am trying to pack our stuff and stuff for the kids, I go downstairs and water is leaking everywhere from our ceiling into our utility room!!!
#$%@!!!!!
Have I ever told you how much I love our plumbing in this house? So I run upstairs, turn off the dishwasher and yell at Preston to turn off the water in the bathroom. Then I turn the sink water on and crawl into the hole under the kitchen sink. Something defiantly does not sound right. I bawl, call KC who doesn't answer. I figure he is in a meeting and what's he going to do besides tell me to call a plumber? So I call the plumber. It turns out our entire main plumbing line was so old a hole eroded right through it. The plumber pulled the line out and it basically crumbled in his hands. He snaked all through the plumbing, replaced the line, also informed me that the main water valve that we spent nearly $300 on last year to fix (through a horrible emergency plumber) was leaking and needed to be replaced and also our water pressure was way too high at 90. I guess it's supposed to be at 50. He's like,"don't you notice how high your water pressure is?"
No dude. I've been dealing with horrible plumbing for 9 years. I guess I wouldn't know good plumbing if it slapped me in the face. So three hours and over $800 later I sure hope our plumbing behaves. Recently updated plumbing is a good selling point, right?
And I think my husband is in the wrong business. Plumbing is where the big bucks are. I could get used to plumber's crack if it meant large paychecks.
So when KC came home I was ready to leave my house before I burned it to the ground. But we did have a good time anyways! We made pigs of ourselves at Z'tejas (so yummy and the Ancho fudge pie was sooo good!), went shopping at the outlets and saw Angels and Demons (love Dan Brown novels, not the movies so much). Then we totally just chilled in the hot tub and slept. Oh and since we had cable we had to watch the food network and salivate. It's our thing. It was nice and we totally needed it.
And word on the street is that the kids were very well taken care of as well! My mom and grandma took them to see UP, they got webkins, and there were trips to McDonalds! Thanks mom!
But when we got home, life certainly did not skip a beat! KC scrambled to try and fix all our sprinklers and our swamp cooler was having problems since the plumber came. KC fixed it, THANK GOODNESS!!!
Then the KC and the boys went to this much anticipated table hockey tournament! And wow! They won medals and trophies!!!
AND THEN we went to the stake picnic!!!!
Every year they have the bubble machine!!!
On Monday morning KC is flying out to Indiana for his job. I hope the house will stay put for 4 days while he is gone! Is that too much to ask???
Comments