We like to Party!!!!

Do you ever have moments in your life when it is still and you just know it's the calm before the storm? I think that's how I felt about a month ago. Waiting for the action and knowing it was coming and now we are hitting the ground running!!! That's just May for ya! School is almost out and there are activities galore! It's been mostly a fun kind of busy mixed with some other insane things that are keeping us going!!!
Preston started T-ball this month. He has practice one night and games two nights a week. He loves baseball and has been obsessed with it since he was around three. Which is funny because KC is not even a baseball fan (he is a HUGE football fan!) so it's all his idea! But he does really well and loves it!


And then Preston had his preschool program and graduation. It was so cute! He did an awesome job!!
My little man will be in Kindergarten next year (sniff, sniff!).
And then it was Preston's birthday. So we had a little party with the neighborhood kids Friday morning. We played simple games (they LOVED duck duck goose, who knew?), made pet rocks, ate hot dogs and cake, and then had a pinata. It ended up going over well!!!
Carter also had two birthday parties to attend this weekend. So we took him to those and also spent all our spare time buying exterior paint for the house and scraping all the old exterior off and taking down the gutters, light fixtures, etc on our house. What a huge pain in the rear! But I did paint a section of the house and it looks a ton better!!


KC thinks it is fun to be on the top of the roof and act like he is falling to scare me. Fun times. Oh my poor little retro house. What am I going to do? Next weekend we are hoping to finish the exterior and re landscape a section in our yard. Plus KC is going to an old boss's house to help him install his swamp as we have installed our own before. So yes, next weekend should be a blast as well!!!

And then in the midst of everything that was going on yesterday we also went to Chuck E. Cheese last night with family to celebrate Preston's birthday and graduation. Preston has been wanting to go there soooo bad. I have to admit I was super stressed as we were in the middle of trying to do everything to our house and then my sweet neighbor even offered to take our kids while we were painting and we just up and left. But it ended up being super fun and we were there from 5:30- 9:00!
Kate and her cousins. I don't think baby Achim was too happy on the ride!
Riding the virtual roller coaster!!!
Eating cupcakes. Kate kept eating everyone's frosting.

Cute baby Kyler.

I don't even think I saw Carter half the time. He is so big and was so busy winning mega tickets!! He even won a popsicle and cotton candy.
The big kids.
And then we all went to our house and stayed up playing hand and foot until 2 in the morning! I love that game and we haven't played it in a long time. I think I was on auto pilot during church today. We all took a looong Sunday nap today!!!
And now for another busy week!!!

Comments

Tiffany said…
See and we are just the opposite. We are winding down. Just finished soccer, Dance ends on the 30th, School is out the 28th. Then we are free and have nothing going on. OH except a giant drive to Utah to see you guys. I think it will be fun, the seeing you guys, not the 12 hour drive. Tell Preston Happy Birthday and congrats from his aunt and cousins.