My little man Preston will be five this month. Being the almost graduated preschooler he is, he knows his months and the fact that May is his birthday. So for the past few weeks he asks just how many more days in April we have until May. So today we FiNaLlY got to tell him it's May! His birthday month!!! Now we have fifteen (well fourteen) more days until we are done with that!

So looking back at all these pictures makes me so sad!!! I know every parent says this....but seriously......where did the last five years go??? I don't want to blame it on him being "the middle child" but I guess it does feel like he has been sandwiched into a whole lot of craziness!!! And I guess that makes time fly quickly!!!
He also has been really interested in his baby pictures. So I have been getting out his baby book (okay what I have finished) and we have been looking at them a lot lately. Can you believe how much hair he had?!! I honestly thought he was going to be my darkest child. And now he is as fair complexed as I am! I remember as a baby kids would come up and ask if they could pet his "fur!!" He was also my smallest at 5 lbs. 15 oz. ( he was almost 2 weeks early, the other 2 were to term). We had him just after midnight and he was my easiest and most calming birth experience.
So looking back at all these pictures makes me so sad!!! I know every parent says this....but seriously......where did the last five years go??? I don't want to blame it on him being "the middle child" but I guess it does feel like he has been sandwiched into a whole lot of craziness!!! And I guess that makes time fly quickly!!!
Preston and Carter are such wonderful friends. It is so nice to pick Carter up from school and see them in their own world of make believe. Preston pretty much just expects Carter to make up all the rules of their play and for the most part he goes along with it!
Preston thinks outside the box! He really views the world in ways that have hilarious results! He has always been more of a "momma's boy" and was pretty clingy until I had Kate. Then things had to change but he weathered it well. He has been a great big brother to his sister (well, most of the time!!!)
But he also knows how to make trouble and he really flies under the radar with it. KC and I have learned to be aware of his stealthy moves!!!
And now, as an almost five year old, he is quite a fun little guy. He is obsessed with letters and spelling. He loves pokemon (like his brother) and his favorite one is Manophy (spelling?)
He loves drawing millions of pictures of this little creature, including on my walls. I can't believe how much I have to know about Pokemon.
He loves baseball, playing computer games, being read to, jumping all over the place, sauce on everything, singing primary songs, and running errands with just him and mom (he knows I'm a sucker for buying him a treat along the way!) He's such a fun guy and I'm glad he's my son!
Oh and he really wants a motorcycle and a ripstick for his birthday. How worried should I be?
And I really can't decide what to do for his birthday. I'm just all over the place with decisions lately.


Comments