Does anyone actually go out on Valentine's day? I mean obviously people do. I don't think KC and I have ever really even done anything on Valentine's day. It's a silly holiday that we don't take seriously. I don't want to wait for hours to eat at a restaraunt! We would rather celebrate on our anniversary. But there are a few things the H family does focus on....


Congenital Heart Defect awareness week. If you haven't noticed, I'm a big advocate for it. How can I not be with 2 CHD kids? I can't believe how much I know about the human heart now. It is so amazing! There are so many families we have met who are literally in and out of Primary Children's for months at a time. Our "hearts" go out to our CHD families!!!
Intermountain Healing Hearts is a local support group that has done much to spread CHD awareness and make it easier for families of these special heart kiddos.
Intermountain Healing Hearts is a local support group that has done much to spread CHD awareness and make it easier for families of these special heart kiddos.
We also have been spending the week preparing for all the fun Valentine parties for the kiddos. Carter had a healthy heart party in his class. We brought goldfish for the party. Carter is already getting "secret" Valentine cards from girls. One girl wrote, "Carter I can't even believe you are alive and you are so cute!" Lol! Should I worry?
On Friday while I was at the U of U hospital being a guinea pig KC took Preston and Kate to Discovery Gateway (Carter was in school). Good thing he did too because I was at the hospital for three hours! They had plenty to do!
And they must have had a total blast because they were both asleep in the car when KC picked me up!
On Valentine's day we took the family to the Draper Temple open house. We of course could not get pics inside the temple and I did not bring the camera so here is a picture I found online. It is one of the smallest temples I have been in, but it is nestled in the mountains and is so beautiful up there. It snowed buckets when we were there and the snow was amazing! It was neat to take my kids through the temple.
We tried to take our kids to The Mayan because I thought it would be so fun or The Cheesecake Factory but The Mayan had a two hour wait (we FORGOT it was actually Valentine's day! What did I say about restaraunts!?!!). At that point we figured no way were we even going to attempt The Cheesecake Factory. So we went to Chick-Fil-A. Much cheaper anyway!
Tomorrow KC has President's day off. He has to take a lot of time off due to the wonderful economical situation we are in. The kids got some Valentine moo-lah from his sweet grandma and Carter really wants to see Coraline. So KC is taking the boys while Kate and I do some shopping. I really doubt Kate would enjoy the movie at all.
We rented Nights in Rodanthe this weekend and KC and I are going to watch it tonight. I don't think KC is too thrilled! Oh well he has been harassing me and giving me a hard time all day today so he owes me one if he knows what's best for him :)

Comments