High Maintenence Mamma!

Wow have I been a slacker on Dr. appointments for myself! I guess with all the kid's appointments I have been so sick of doctors and decided to put off my own healthcare for a while. Then I finally came around, realizing I better take advantage of our insurance.
First I went to the eye doctor. It must be so boring to be an eye doctor (which is better, lens one two, one, two?). I have gone to the same eye Dr. for as long as I have been married (10 years) and have never really seen my eye Dr. because by the time he comes in the room my contacts are out and my eyes are dilated. He made a note to the assistant that my vision has gotten a bit worse. Worse!?!?!? Really??? I already can't see past the end of my nose. Sheesh...

Next our family finally went to the dentist. I have put that one off for over a year. We have a horrible dental plan. We could get a better one, but they barely cover anything, and this one covers a lot. It just has like one dentist on the plan. I liked the dentist. He had a wonderful personality. It's just that the office has not been updated in.......40 years!!! When I got my last fillings it felt like someone had taken a jackhammer to my mouth. I felt disturbed for days. And then one day Carter got an abscess and needed his tooth yoinked and they did not fit us in right away. I felt it was urgent and made KC go to his HR and find a new dentist. So long story short we have a new dentist now.
So we go in for our cleanings. The dentist is okay. I have a ridiculous amount of cavities. So I am going back. The funny thing is before I left the assistant said, "You might want to go buy a fluoride rinse to use so next time you come you don't have six cavities."
Uhhh, thanks! Appreciate ya!

Next week I am going to the U of U because I volunteered to be in a study. I am getting scanned, my blood will be drawn, and they will do a fat analysis (hooray!). They told me to plan on being there three hours. But I'm alll about medical advancement so I signed up. I just mentally am imaging like a million medical students in there hovering over me and analyzing my body fat. EEEEEK!!!

Oh and KC signed up for the biggest losers at work again. This time his team is a lot of bosses including the plant manager. No pressure. So they even have someone that is going to give them a meal plan. So now we get to eat spinach and eggs or something.

I joined a gym a few months back. I have been debating that one for a long time. I guess I just have this weird guilt problem with leaving my kids to do things for myself. But they had a good offer going in the mail and I finally did it. It is a ladies gym. I like the no meat market environment. And it's really close to my house so no big commute. They do have daycare but I sit a girl in the mornings so I usually go at night when the kids are almost ready for bed. So it works. I have been taking lots of different classes. It is kicking my butt! And keeping us busy! But it's a good kind of busy for sure!

Comments

The Foster Clan said…
oh if i had the money i want to join a gym. but then i would have to make myself go
The Foster Clan said…
oh yes girls night would be lots of fun