It turns out I am not raising little boys anymore.
"Preston scratch me with your paws."
I am so glad my two little men play so well together. And are sooo imaginative!! Some days they shut themselves in their rooms and play for hours. And usually Carter comes up with whatever little game they are playing and usually Preston plays along. For the longest time they were "Pokemon". But that has changed.
So Carter has wanted me to buy him some pet hamsters for the longest time. His best friend has some. But I am not a fan of little creatures in cages. Plus we have two cats, is this not enough???? Well one day I went on a website and let the boys pick out some "pet hamsters" to color.
And after that I could see the wheels turn in Carter's head (or should I say the hamster wheel, ha ha ha!). So yes, now my boys pretend like they are hamsters alllll day. It is so funny! Here are just a few of the lines I have heard out of their little hamster mouths:
"Oh no! My nose, it's getting dark and round! I feel fur! I am turning into a hamster again!"
"This is Hamster-iffic!"
"Let's run into our sawdust bedding!"
"Run! Our owner is coming!" (referring to me)
"Preston scratch me with your paws."
Oh I know there are more things they say. But I will just have to come back and add them as I remember.
And oh yes Carter even made him and Preston "hamster collars" one day at school and brought them home. He was upset I would not let him wear it to school the next day.
The really funny thing is one Sunday before we went to church KC had to tell Carter and Preston we are not hamsters anymore. We are humans and we need to act like humans until we get home and then we can be hamsters again.
My dad took the kids to Artic Circle one night and told us that he heard hamster references when they were playing in the toy area. This came as no surprise to me.
Thus the infamous song from The Killers has changed for us. All day KC and I sing "Are we human......or are we hamsters?"
I have even thought of just breaking down and buying them hamsters. But I have to remember this too will pass. And one day I will really miss it.
And now you know just how nerdy our family really is.
Comments