Out Partying like it's......2009

Happy New Year!!! We are at the end of the break and it feels like we have been partying like rock stars around here lately!!! Maybe that should be my New Year's goal!!! And hey, why not. I would love a stress-free year!!!


They just opened a Chuck E. Cheese's in our area so my mom and I took the kiddos one day. Well, us and just about everyone else!! This was Kate's face when she saw Chuck E. Cheese was walking by our table. The funny thing is she pretty much was frozen in that look until she fell asleep.



So my mom held her while I played skee ball with the boys. I love skee ball! I was half tempted to buy my own tokens and play the whole time while my kids fended for themselves!!!

On New Year's Eve we laid low at home. My mom and brother came over. I cooked almond crusted chicken and cookies and we ate junk and played games. I let my kids stay up until midnight. That was a mistake. I have no idea why I did not take pictures. Oh well. You can't get em all!!

And....KC and I FInAllY went out on a date! We went to see Body Worlds 3 . I know the exhibit seems really gross to some, but in my opinion it helps me appreciate life more. It left me with a lot to think about and I wish I could go through it again. I'm sure I would pick up even more things. Everything was preserved through plastination and I really had to keep reminding myself that these were real bodies because they looked so fake. It makes me want to take Anatomy and Physiology all over again. And I didn't get any pictures because they won't allow it!!!




This weekend I made the very controversial breakfast of Green Eggs and Ham. Preston thought it was awesome!



However, Carter was very upset that I would do this. He would not eat it in a car. Not with the cat. Not near or far....okay, sorry!! We read too much Dr. Seuss around here!!!

And yesterday we went to Surf-n-Swim as we had a few passes. So it only cost $3 to get in plus tube rentals. The kids had fun but poor Kate just got too cold in the end so we got out early (They cover the pool, by the way, and I thought the temperature was fine). Kate is just such a little thing if you haven't noticed.

And now I think we have a bit of the Sunday night depression as we have to go back to work and school tomorrow! So I am off to make banana bread! Maybe that will cheer us up!

Comments

Hi, Yes we met when I was pregnant. Your family is so cute. Kate looks so good. Now to see our blog just go to heart hero blog Kylie is on there, since you are invited you can just click there. Looks like you had a great New Year. I hope 2009 is a better year for us.