Today I FiNallY mailed out my Christmas cards! Phew! What a big accomplishment considering how crazy things have been! So...I thought I'd post about what we've been up to this year (I know- that's what this whole blog thing is for, but I'm summarizing the year).
But I'm sitting here thinking and really we haven't been up to much of anything!!! It's been a pretty calm year and I think we needed that!
Of course my kids are growing. I'm finding out there is no end to that! My boys have seemed to hit this "bigger kid" stage in their lives this year and I've been enjoying it. They both have been practicing for Christmas plays at their schools these past few months and their big performances are this week. I am excited to see my little stars.
Carter is in 2nd grade this year. Second graders are hilarious. Every day is opposite day and nothing is fair. The other day he came home and said,"Mom, some kids at school said that Santa Claus is really your Mom and Dad."
Seriously??!!! Where do they get this from?
Preston started Primary and Preschool this year. He attends Preschool a few days a week and really enjoys the out. It's fun to hear the world from his perspective. He seems to really listen to what is said in Primary only he twists everything into his own view. He tells me "Colleen (yes he calls me that sometimes) I am so glad Jesus lives in the Temple and decided that I am so special to live with you."
Awwwww.....
And little Kate will be two next month!!! I can't believe it! But she has really blossomed this year and is very absorbent. I can't believe the words she is saying right now. It's only a matter of time before she puts them into sentences. She loves babies, Elmo, Tinker Bell, Wall E, Spider Man. Okay. Modern day toy marketing is working for her!!! Hopefully I can get motivated to potty train her soon here. She is, after all, our miracle girl!!!
This year was our 10 year anniversary! Wow! We are now in the double-digits! It feels like we have grown up together and I am proud of where we are.
Earlier this year our dishwasher flooded our kitchen and ruined our floors. So we have literally spent the entire year dealing with insurance claims, emergency calls to the plumbers, weeks of drying and re-installing the floors. And a bit of a remodel job. Eeeek! The insurance agent STILL calls us and wants to sue the company that manufactured the dishwasher. Um... Hello! The dishwasher was probably 14 years old!!! Good luck with that!
Oh well. Such is life owning a house. It never ends. This spring we will be working on the exterior of our home and hopefully a few other projects that will be more exciting.
Well, I think that about sums it all up. I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!!!!
But I'm sitting here thinking and really we haven't been up to much of anything!!! It's been a pretty calm year and I think we needed that!
Of course my kids are growing. I'm finding out there is no end to that! My boys have seemed to hit this "bigger kid" stage in their lives this year and I've been enjoying it. They both have been practicing for Christmas plays at their schools these past few months and their big performances are this week. I am excited to see my little stars.
Carter is in 2nd grade this year. Second graders are hilarious. Every day is opposite day and nothing is fair. The other day he came home and said,"Mom, some kids at school said that Santa Claus is really your Mom and Dad."
Seriously??!!! Where do they get this from?
Preston started Primary and Preschool this year. He attends Preschool a few days a week and really enjoys the out. It's fun to hear the world from his perspective. He seems to really listen to what is said in Primary only he twists everything into his own view. He tells me "Colleen (yes he calls me that sometimes) I am so glad Jesus lives in the Temple and decided that I am so special to live with you."
Awwwww.....
And little Kate will be two next month!!! I can't believe it! But she has really blossomed this year and is very absorbent. I can't believe the words she is saying right now. It's only a matter of time before she puts them into sentences. She loves babies, Elmo, Tinker Bell, Wall E, Spider Man. Okay. Modern day toy marketing is working for her!!! Hopefully I can get motivated to potty train her soon here. She is, after all, our miracle girl!!!
This year was our 10 year anniversary! Wow! We are now in the double-digits! It feels like we have grown up together and I am proud of where we are.
Earlier this year our dishwasher flooded our kitchen and ruined our floors. So we have literally spent the entire year dealing with insurance claims, emergency calls to the plumbers, weeks of drying and re-installing the floors. And a bit of a remodel job. Eeeek! The insurance agent STILL calls us and wants to sue the company that manufactured the dishwasher. Um... Hello! The dishwasher was probably 14 years old!!! Good luck with that!
Oh well. Such is life owning a house. It never ends. This spring we will be working on the exterior of our home and hopefully a few other projects that will be more exciting.
Well, I think that about sums it all up. I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!!!!
Comments