Okay. I am really trying so hard to get into the Christmas spirit here. And then.....it strikes again! We are experienceing the most random crazy yuck in our home and it feels like it has no end.
It all started a few weeks back. It started out as any innocent Sunday. Me, yelling at the hubby and kids to hurry out the door for church or we'll be late....again. A few hours into church....Kate throws up. IN NURSERY.....gross. So the poor nursery leaders had to evacuate the nursery and clean up.
And it's been off-and-on craziness ever since!!! We all just have that goopy goo that never seems to leave (you know what i'm talking about- if you don't know, don't ask!). Last Sunday night Kate started up with croup. Preston had it two days earlier and my kids are infamous for it. But Kate had it pretty bad. We went outside. We sat by the freezer. We slept in the bathroom with the shower on. I debated calling Wee Care at 3 am to start her on the steriods. Oh joy. I've taken all my kids into the pediatrician at some point these past few weeks to check for strep (negative....thank goodness!!! Knocking on wood here!)
And just when we seemed to have a light at the end of the tunnel......Kate woke up today...puking....again. We are living in the vomit house! She threw up in the car on the way to dropping the kids off to school. She threw up on the way to picking Preston up. I called the girl I babysit and told her sister she probably wants to stay away.I will spare you the gory details but it is not pretty. My laundry pile is the size of the Wasatch Mountains. I had no laundry detergent and was going to get some today.
My neighbor's kids were going to baby-sit our kids tonight so we could attend a Christmas party with them. Isn't that how it always goes? So I called and cancelled and whined to my neighbor. She is so nice and brought over laundry detergent!! You have no idea how happy and grateful I was! Could we have nicer neighbors? So now I am trying to wash the clothes. The rest of my home is covered in baking soda (like I said....NOT PRETTY!!!!)
Oh yeah, and I called KC from work to tell him of our adventures. He sounds like crap. I told him when he comes home I am leaving to pick up more laundry detergent and to get Preston out because he is feeling really left out and mad because we couldn't go to the park today. AND, I want to leave for like one hour! Aren't I nice?
Oh well. I KNOW it could be worse, trust me it has. I just hope we can stop this nonsense. And maybe I will read this in twenty years....and laugh?????
It all started a few weeks back. It started out as any innocent Sunday. Me, yelling at the hubby and kids to hurry out the door for church or we'll be late....again. A few hours into church....Kate throws up. IN NURSERY.....gross. So the poor nursery leaders had to evacuate the nursery and clean up.
And it's been off-and-on craziness ever since!!! We all just have that goopy goo that never seems to leave (you know what i'm talking about- if you don't know, don't ask!). Last Sunday night Kate started up with croup. Preston had it two days earlier and my kids are infamous for it. But Kate had it pretty bad. We went outside. We sat by the freezer. We slept in the bathroom with the shower on. I debated calling Wee Care at 3 am to start her on the steriods. Oh joy. I've taken all my kids into the pediatrician at some point these past few weeks to check for strep (negative....thank goodness!!! Knocking on wood here!)
And just when we seemed to have a light at the end of the tunnel......Kate woke up today...puking....again. We are living in the vomit house! She threw up in the car on the way to dropping the kids off to school. She threw up on the way to picking Preston up. I called the girl I babysit and told her sister she probably wants to stay away.I will spare you the gory details but it is not pretty. My laundry pile is the size of the Wasatch Mountains. I had no laundry detergent and was going to get some today.
My neighbor's kids were going to baby-sit our kids tonight so we could attend a Christmas party with them. Isn't that how it always goes? So I called and cancelled and whined to my neighbor. She is so nice and brought over laundry detergent!! You have no idea how happy and grateful I was! Could we have nicer neighbors? So now I am trying to wash the clothes. The rest of my home is covered in baking soda (like I said....NOT PRETTY!!!!)
Oh yeah, and I called KC from work to tell him of our adventures. He sounds like crap. I told him when he comes home I am leaving to pick up more laundry detergent and to get Preston out because he is feeling really left out and mad because we couldn't go to the park today. AND, I want to leave for like one hour! Aren't I nice?
Oh well. I KNOW it could be worse, trust me it has. I just hope we can stop this nonsense. And maybe I will read this in twenty years....and laugh?????
Comments