
Now that Carter is in 2nd grade he is old enough to learn a bit about the country and the election process. He has been bringing the scholastic newsletter home from school with all kinds of voting and interesting election facts for kids. Yesterday he came home with a newsletter with facts about our candidates I bet you didn't know about:
Barack's favorite food is chili.
His favorite children's book is Harry Potter.
His favorite activity is basketball (ok, I bet you did know that!)
McCain's favorite food is Mexican.
His favorite children's book is King Arthur.
His favorite activity is hiking.
I told the kids last night if Obama wins we will have chili. If McCain wins we will have tacos. So Carter is not too happy about having chili! Also, his class voted for president and Carter voted for McCain. I asked him why and he said because Barack is already the president and he thought he would let McCain have a chance!!! It's funny what goes through his mind. Grampy McCain won in Carter's classroom. Hmmm... maybe Carter will be the first Republican African American!!!!
So I am ready for our new leader and wish him the best. I'm just wondering...he lives in Chicago, shouldn't he like pizza??? Take out would have been much funner!!!!
Comments
You guys want to come over next Friday or Saturday night? We are going to have Daren come too. What do you say?
Maybe I can talk you into a puppy?....*evil grin*
No kidding....Carter has more African American in him than Obama does.