Oh my goodness!!!! This weekend has been InSanE!!!!!
Today we went to Kate's cardiology appointment. KC took the day off from work to go with me as my nerves are always shot and my super sweet neighbor watched Preston so I didn't have to bring him. I didn't anticipate Kate having any problems as she is as wild as ever. But if any little thing seems off with her I tend to worry where I wouldn't think twice with my other two. And sometimes I wonder if her heart is having problems and she just compensates for it. I know I shouldn't worry so much, however I know what it's like to have the rug pulled from under you and don't put anything past me. But-she is doing good!!!
Here is the boring medical terminology:
The EKG looks the same as last year. Her cardiologist came in and listened to her heart and said that the murmur is sounding great. We can still hear the turbulence in her LVOT (left ventricular outflow tract, where they resected the extra muscle and tissue) but he said it sounds like the blood is able to flow through this passage with no problems and he does not hear the aortic or mitral valves leaking, which is awesome!!!! Sooo... we do not have to come back until next year. They might do an echocardiogram (ultrasound of her heart) next year as they would have to sedate her this year to do one due to the nature of her age. There is about a 15% chance for this subaortic membrane to grow back. He said we hope she just keeps doing good and I hope so too.
And guess what? Kate did so AWESOME through her appointment! I was so shocked!!!! She stood on the scale with no problem. They had her sit on KC's lap while the did the electrocardiogram. When they took out the leads to put on her chest, they first placed a sticker on KC and called it a "button." So she didn't seem to mind them sticking them all over her chest (I believe there are 12 leads). Then they hooked her up to the machine and she actually sat still while the printed up the report!!!! She even let them take her blood pressure. I thought for sure when the cardiologist came in she would have about had it by then and throw a huge tantrum because it seems like every time a pediatrician or cardiologist whips out that stethoscope she totally loses it but she did great. She moped after a little while, but not bad considering they take so long and listen all over her chest.

Here she is in the waiting room coloring!!!!
Also, my mom had a hysterectomy this last Friday. So I was at McKay hospital all day. She was an 8:30 case but they didn't even get her back until 12:00. But the surgery itself only lasted an hour and she did awesome!!! My good friend from high school was there waiting for her husband to have surgery so it was nice to see her and talk. My mom came home yesterday and she is doing so well. Also my sister in law had her baby boy on Friday at another hospital. I was wishing it could have been at McKay since I was there anyway. So on Saturday we went to McKay to visit my mom in the morning, dropped the boys off at my grandma's to visit Marlise and our new Nephew at Davis, went back home and watched our nephew Tannan that night. Then Sunday we took the kids to church and Tannan's grandpa picked him up from there as he is in our ward and we went to my mom's and made dinner. Whew!!!!
Oh I am so glad that is all over with! This Friday we are taking the kids to Disney on Ice. They have been wanting to do that for awhile and I finally got tickets this year. I figure we deserve a break! Plus it's 100 years of Disney, not Disney princess so I figure they will all enjoy it. I am sure we will post those pics later.....
Edited by KC :)
Today we went to Kate's cardiology appointment. KC took the day off from work to go with me as my nerves are always shot and my super sweet neighbor watched Preston so I didn't have to bring him. I didn't anticipate Kate having any problems as she is as wild as ever. But if any little thing seems off with her I tend to worry where I wouldn't think twice with my other two. And sometimes I wonder if her heart is having problems and she just compensates for it. I know I shouldn't worry so much, however I know what it's like to have the rug pulled from under you and don't put anything past me. But-she is doing good!!!
Here is the boring medical terminology:
The EKG looks the same as last year. Her cardiologist came in and listened to her heart and said that the murmur is sounding great. We can still hear the turbulence in her LVOT (left ventricular outflow tract, where they resected the extra muscle and tissue) but he said it sounds like the blood is able to flow through this passage with no problems and he does not hear the aortic or mitral valves leaking, which is awesome!!!! Sooo... we do not have to come back until next year. They might do an echocardiogram (ultrasound of her heart) next year as they would have to sedate her this year to do one due to the nature of her age. There is about a 15% chance for this subaortic membrane to grow back. He said we hope she just keeps doing good and I hope so too.
And guess what? Kate did so AWESOME through her appointment! I was so shocked!!!! She stood on the scale with no problem. They had her sit on KC's lap while the did the electrocardiogram. When they took out the leads to put on her chest, they first placed a sticker on KC and called it a "button." So she didn't seem to mind them sticking them all over her chest (I believe there are 12 leads). Then they hooked her up to the machine and she actually sat still while the printed up the report!!!! She even let them take her blood pressure. I thought for sure when the cardiologist came in she would have about had it by then and throw a huge tantrum because it seems like every time a pediatrician or cardiologist whips out that stethoscope she totally loses it but she did great. She moped after a little while, but not bad considering they take so long and listen all over her chest.

Here she is in the waiting room coloring!!!!
Also, my mom had a hysterectomy this last Friday. So I was at McKay hospital all day. She was an 8:30 case but they didn't even get her back until 12:00. But the surgery itself only lasted an hour and she did awesome!!! My good friend from high school was there waiting for her husband to have surgery so it was nice to see her and talk. My mom came home yesterday and she is doing so well. Also my sister in law had her baby boy on Friday at another hospital. I was wishing it could have been at McKay since I was there anyway. So on Saturday we went to McKay to visit my mom in the morning, dropped the boys off at my grandma's to visit Marlise and our new Nephew at Davis, went back home and watched our nephew Tannan that night. Then Sunday we took the kids to church and Tannan's grandpa picked him up from there as he is in our ward and we went to my mom's and made dinner. Whew!!!!
Oh I am so glad that is all over with! This Friday we are taking the kids to Disney on Ice. They have been wanting to do that for awhile and I finally got tickets this year. I figure we deserve a break! Plus it's 100 years of Disney, not Disney princess so I figure they will all enjoy it. I am sure we will post those pics later.....
Edited by KC :)
Comments
Hugs,
Mike & Family
IHH-VP