Ten Years Later.....


So today is our ten year anniversary!!! Happy Anniversary to us!! Last night I was looking at our wedding picture on our dresser and next to it is the picture of Kate in her blessing dress. I don't know what I thought our life would bring ten years ago, but I know I could have never imagined life as it is now. And ten years from now all I know is how old we will be but the story is yet to bet told.


For ten years of KC here are 10 things I have grown to learn and love about you!!


1. You give the best back massages! Okay feet and shoulders too! KC is like my own personal masseuse and no, he is not for hire!! I think this was even in the wedding vows,"Will you always promise to massage your wife, even if you are dog tired?" And I guess he said, "I do!!!"


2. KC has a strange obsession with Weird Al. No, I did not fall in love with him due to this fact! I just have to deal with it. (nerd alert!!!) I don't know what to do about it so I just love him anyway! But, seriously, does anyone know of any Weird Al anonymous support groups? Hee, hee..


3. KC is the best daddy I know. When we had Carter I worked day shift and he worked swings. I felt good leaving Carter with KC knowing he took such good care of Carter, singing songs to him, teaching him how to count, reading and playing with him. And today even though he works so much to provide for our family, he still takes time to talk to each of our kids and let them know he cares.


4. KC is the best cook. He is known to take over in the kitchen. Sometimes it makes me crazy but for the most part I am grateful for all his help. He makes the best gravy, grilled meats and grilled corn on the cob. He is a spice-a-holic and when we go shopping I have to hold him back!!

5. KC loooves football and fantasy football. I didn't even know this until we got married. And then......the dark secret came out, lol!! He also loves USA today, crossword puzzles, and the first section he reads in the paper is the comics, and then sports.


6. Really if anyone knows KC, he is the most patient person around. Sometimes it even drives me crazy!!! But he is human and he can get mad too, it just takes a lot to get him there. He has taught me so much about how to be patient.


7. You wouldn't know this but KC is the worst person ever to shop for. He waits to buy shoes when he REALLY needs them and you pray they still have the same brand and style as the previous pair or plan on spending all day in the stores. He is also way picky about his clothes too.


8. KC is a bad liar. HORRIBLE. He can not keep a straight face and I know (usually) when he has something up his sleeve!


9. KC is the woman in the relationship as far as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.. On Mother's day there is always breakfast, he picks out wonderful gifts, and he always has cards from him, the kids, and even the cats!!!


10. Last and definitely not least, KC has been the best support for me and the best husband ever. If he comes home and the house is a disaster he never points the finger. He just understands. These last few years have brought more challenges in our lives then we could ever know and KC has literally had to carry me through some of it. He is such a strong person.


Happy Anniversary honey!!


I wish I could say we were doing something really wonderful today but we aren't. We have so much going on this week and KC is off all week next week so we will sneak some "us" time in then. KC did buy me a camera (did I not mention how good he is at giving?) and then he came home from work with 10 yellow roses surrounded by daisies!!! What a keeper!!!!! Thank you KC for 10 wonderful years!!!!

Comments

Crystal said…
Wow, ten years! That's what Rob and I are hitting this year too. Has it really been that long?