The title says it all! Today was a great day!
It all started when I got up in the middle of the night and took Preston to the bathroom. You're probably thinking "Huh? Getting up in the middle of the night is NOT good." But in this case it is because if Preston gets up and goes to the bathroom, he isn't going in his bed.
On top of that Kate didn't wake up - in fact she slept until after I went to my meeting at 6:30. You're probably thinking, "Huh? A meeting at butt-crack of dawn thirty on Sunday morning isn't fun." But I wasn't tired when I got up at 5:30 and I was able to shower, give Colleen a kiss good-bye, and still make it 5 minutes early to the meeting.
Then when I came home Colleen had a delicious Father's Day breakfast of eggs, sausage and fresh baked biscuits and gravy, ready for me. After breakfast the boys gave me the cutest cards signed by them. Carter is getting good at writing his name and Preston always draws the cutest pictures. He even signed his name with a "P-T-O". So cute! Then the boys gave me the ties they decorated for me in Primary last week. I was so proud to wear them that I wore both ties to church. Colleen gave me the perfect card and surprised me with Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii - Huzzah! Carter even helped me decorate my guitar so now I can rock!
Then the boys were so good to get dressed for church that we made it on time for once. Carter even held the door open for his mom - he is such a gentleman. The boys sang so cute in Sacrament meeting. After church Kate was a sweetheart, as usual. She kept saying "Dada" and I would say "Kate!" and we went back and forth like that all the way home.
In the afternoon we went to Gra and Papa's for a little BBQ. The boys love going to Gra and Papa's; they were so exited. When we arrived the Carter got settled in front of the cable TV while Kate and Preston plunked away on the Piano. Meanwhile, Momma, Gra and Papa got cooking. I sat on the couch, got comfy and took a nap. Dinner was done when I woke up. While I was sleeping someone put a granola bar and a toy on me (the Granola Fairy perhaps?) :)
The dinner menu consisted of tender chicken, crispy burgers, spring greens salad, and strawberry shortcake for dessert -- yum, yum! Carter watched Cartoon Network while Preston napped, so I watched Anchorman with Gra, Javo and Colleen. It was hilarious.
Then we went home and rocked Guitar Hero, brushed the boys teeth and tucked them in bed. I thanked both of them for such a great Father's day, they were so good all day; they didn't give Mom any attitude and they didn't fight. Carter got out of bed - which usually is a big no-no - and thanked me for being his Dad. What a perfect ending to a perfect Father's day.
It all started when I got up in the middle of the night and took Preston to the bathroom. You're probably thinking "Huh? Getting up in the middle of the night is NOT good." But in this case it is because if Preston gets up and goes to the bathroom, he isn't going in his bed.
On top of that Kate didn't wake up - in fact she slept until after I went to my meeting at 6:30. You're probably thinking, "Huh? A meeting at butt-crack of dawn thirty on Sunday morning isn't fun." But I wasn't tired when I got up at 5:30 and I was able to shower, give Colleen a kiss good-bye, and still make it 5 minutes early to the meeting.
Then when I came home Colleen had a delicious Father's Day breakfast of eggs, sausage and fresh baked biscuits and gravy, ready for me. After breakfast the boys gave me the cutest cards signed by them. Carter is getting good at writing his name and Preston always draws the cutest pictures. He even signed his name with a "P-T-O". So cute! Then the boys gave me the ties they decorated for me in Primary last week. I was so proud to wear them that I wore both ties to church. Colleen gave me the perfect card and surprised me with Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii - Huzzah! Carter even helped me decorate my guitar so now I can rock!
Then the boys were so good to get dressed for church that we made it on time for once. Carter even held the door open for his mom - he is such a gentleman. The boys sang so cute in Sacrament meeting. After church Kate was a sweetheart, as usual. She kept saying "Dada" and I would say "Kate!" and we went back and forth like that all the way home.
In the afternoon we went to Gra and Papa's for a little BBQ. The boys love going to Gra and Papa's; they were so exited. When we arrived the Carter got settled in front of the cable TV while Kate and Preston plunked away on the Piano. Meanwhile, Momma, Gra and Papa got cooking. I sat on the couch, got comfy and took a nap. Dinner was done when I woke up. While I was sleeping someone put a granola bar and a toy on me (the Granola Fairy perhaps?) :)
The dinner menu consisted of tender chicken, crispy burgers, spring greens salad, and strawberry shortcake for dessert -- yum, yum! Carter watched Cartoon Network while Preston napped, so I watched Anchorman with Gra, Javo and Colleen. It was hilarious.
Then we went home and rocked Guitar Hero, brushed the boys teeth and tucked them in bed. I thanked both of them for such a great Father's day, they were so good all day; they didn't give Mom any attitude and they didn't fight. Carter got out of bed - which usually is a big no-no - and thanked me for being his Dad. What a perfect ending to a perfect Father's day.
Comments