A lot of random craziness has been going on in the home front. First and foremost, Carter lost his first tooth!!!! He is so excited! Here is a picture of our toothless boy wonder...

The tooth fairy paid him a visit and left him a dollar!
The boys got a hold of our camera and took some interesting pictures. It was quite funny seeing them get such a kick out of it.
Their stuffed bunnies...
Meiko trying to nap. Carter kept saying, "Smile, georgeous!!!!"
The TV.
Oh, and let's not forget the toilet. Especially after someone has appearantly used it. At least they had the courtesy to put the seat back down! Sheesh, boys!
KC has taken on a 2nd job at Sam's club. We are realizing that it was a dumb thing to do when you are trying to finish a project such as your kitchen, but there is no turning back now!! KC worked early yesterday morning, and since we figure that won't be happening much anymore we decided to take the family out for a much deserved outing: The dinosaur park!!! It was their 15th birthday, so they had lots of fun things going on. I got really horrible pics. KC got this camera from work and it was apparently a horrible gift. So the pics from the park arent great, but it will give you a main idea of what we did!
They had a "treasure hunt" searching in a bunch of ugly rocks for some nice polished rocks to keep. Carter loves little treasures like this so he was soooo excited about it. They got to take their rocks home in a little bag. It was like they won the lottery! We also split a geode for them and they were waaaay excited!
They also had a snake exhibit. So KC was in heaven, living his second childhood. This is him telling the snake man how he has always wanted to have a snake. No way jose!
Kate is also in awe of the snakes. Ugh. She doesn't get it from me!
At this point the snakes were really giving me the willies and it was time to move on!!
They also had a rock climbing wall and KC and the boys climbed it. Carter did the best, beating dad even, and almost reached the top! He was soooo exhausted afterward. I guess he felt the burn! I was so proud of him. I think he would have made it all the way to the top but he looked down and it freaked him out a bit!
Oh, and we did see some dinosaurs!!!
I am so bummed our camera took such lousy pictures! I think it was a combo of the junky camera and wind. Well, my birthday is coming up, and Mother's day (hint, hint, KC)!!
Afterwards, we went to Chili's. The kids were so hungry and Carter inhaled his food. It was such a fun family day. KC is working this afternoon and the kids are driving me crazy! They are fighting non stop! I guess I am just ignoring it and typing instead! I guess I should go and get dinner ready. Ugh....
Comments
-on the reptiles
I know Colleen was a little freaked out about the snakes, but they were so cool! All of the kids like them. There was a couple of boa constrictors and some Arizona king snakes. The yellow snake in the fuzzy picture with Carter was an albino python - very rare and way cool!
The company that brought the snakes and reptiles is a company that will capture poisonous snakes. They also have a snake refuge for people who buy snakes but don't want them anymore.
She didn't even mention the coolest thing - a 16 year old turtle. The boys and I got to touch it and Kate even sat on it!(no pics of Kate on the turtle because it freaked her out a little too.) The man said when he bought the turtle 16 years ago, it would fit in his palm and cost him $100.
It made me think a turtle would be a cool pet and if you take good enough care of it you can pass it down to you children and grandchildren since they live to be 200+ years old! Apparently they love to graze on grass too. (good bye lawn mower!)
- on rock climbing
The Dinosaur park paid to have this extreme rock climbing come in so people could climb the rock wall for only $2. What a deal!
Dude, rock climbing is hard! Especially when you have large hands and feet and the mountain wall man has you use the small grips. By the time I got 1/3 of the way up the wall my fingers and toes hurt!
Carter totally rocks though. He did climb straigt to the top. He was probably 10 - 12 feet in the air before he stopped and let go.
Preston did good too. He climbed as high as I did - not bad for his first time.
I don't care how cool you think the snakes were. You saw how that one was I swear, ready to devour Preston. The only thing keeping him from doing it was a glass cage. NO SNAKES!!! Love ya!
Colleen
PS: EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW on the pictures of the toilet. At least it was #1 instead of #2 apparently.
Blugh, gross
Love Always,
Graw