When I think of that word, stories my grandma tells of her upbringing come to mind. My grandma was raised during the great depression with seven other siblings. There were times that they were quarantined. Her brother had polio and her sister got something (measles? mumphs? rubella?). Oh, I can't remember, but she lost her hearing at age three due to the illness. We are truly blessed to have the immunizations we do. Now they aren't perfect, but if you knew someone with polio or any of those childhood illnesses you'd be so grateful for what we have today. It's all about risk vs. benefit. I kept Carter home again today. He feels fine but his eye still is so red. I figure it will be this way for a while (I think a blood vessel in his eye burst) but today is his last day for the eye drops so off to school tomorrow for him! Aunt Marlise wanted to come over, but I told her no way. I don't want Tannan coming home with the eye gomboo! I think I will wave a "Quarantined" flag over our home.
This is what our little family has been doing today....
I guess paper was getting boring....
A little rest after some potato sack races (with their pillowcases)
Miss Kater Mae maintains her innocence through the whole ordeal
And then Preston fell asleep. He usually never naps, only after some serious play with big brother!!!
Comments