Front Runner: Friend or Foe?

So this baby has been the talk of Northern Utah lately. The front runner. All summer last year they built the tracks for it and one of the stations happens to be pretty close to my home. So when they opened it Saturday it was all the rage! It was free to ride up until tomorrow they will start charging to ride it. So I thought I would give my children the experience of public transportation. We boarded the train and it was so crowded and Carter did not understand why we had to stand up. Then this old lady was like, "you can sit on my lap if you want." I was sooo embarassed! I said no way is my bony bummed boy gonna do that! Fourtunately, my nice next door neighbor boy and his girlfriend were there and assisted me in finding them a window to look out. THEN, when we get off, Preston has to go to the bathroom and there is no potty in sight at the station, just a HUGE parking lot. So we walked alllllll the way to an office building. Then the boys spotted a Wendy's and they were hungry so we walked allll the way to Wendy's (I had no stroller for Kate, mind you!) The boys wanted kids meals and inhaled them. Then, for the long journey back (yes, I did make them go potty at Wendy's prior to our return) and who did we run into? Aunt Corinne and Marlise and cousin Tannan!!! Then we went back home without too much event. The front runner is cool and all but if I had to pay for the whole fam dam it would be approx $24 one way. Hmmmm...... Is this economical and worth the trouble for a family outing????

Comments