So I knew something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. Almost 2 weeks ago the dishwasher was giving me grief. Well one day I ran it and ka-blam!!! Water everywhere!!!!! KC and I thought we got all the water until the next day I noticed the laminate floorboards were looking warped. Son of a gun!!! So KC pulled up all the floorboards in that area, and with the help of our very nice home teacher took the particle board out with a circular saw. We thought we could just do the work ourselves and go the flooring store and replace the few pieces of floorboard, and end of story. THEN- we learned that flooring companies change the lock system in their floors every two years- just so you will have to buy a whole new floor. So we gave up and made our insurance claim (we wanted to tell them that the flood destroyed our new 52" plasma tv, lol).
And so, I have been dealing with the repair people bringing 3 ginormous fans to dry our floors for the past few days, the claim agent, and the flooring people. KC and I have been debating wheather or not to just get a whole new kitchen. Our cabinets are older than I am and the baby yellow poop countertops make me want to vomit. After much speculating for the past few days, we decided the last thing we need right now is any more debt on top of all we have and we are planning on moving anyway once our lot in St. George sells. So- we are going to paint the walls this weekend, get new countertops, a new dishwasher (obviously) and possibly tile? (I figure just get something different if we must replace the floor anyway) I wasn't really planning on a whole kitchen remodel before selling the house, but I guess we needed it?
Plus we were going to go down to St. George to visit Peter and Jami for spring break, boo!
Comments
Christina Davis
IHH & Jacob's mom