Okay so the high outside is like mid forties but the snow is melting, it's march, and Easter is this month!! I finally took down my snowman quilt hanging in the kitchen and my little one that greets people at the door. I feel like winter sucked me into a hole somewhere and it's finally spitting me out!!
KC lost his church keys last month and has been searching high and low for them! Then the mailman found them on his route and gave them to our neighbors. They were right by where his car was, hiding in the huge mountain of (melted) snow. We figure they must have fell out of KC's pocket one day while he was shoveling snow. That same week, there was a story of a missing man's body found in the snow as well. Who knows what else will come out of the woodworks.......
So now that there is even a small promise of spring, my kids have been loving it! I get Preston out on his bike and Kate in the stroller to pick Carter up from school. Kate loves being outside!!!! Even if I just run outside to take out trash Kate gets so excited and when I go back in it's like her dreams have been shattered. The lawn looks so gross and the weeds are poking out everywhere. Perhaps this will be the year we tackle them.....
Yesterday was our Relief Society birthday social and I was in charge of the dinner. I have never done that before and was wayyy stressed this week. What a relief when it was over last night. It seemed to turn out great and I was kind of glad to have something new in my life to deal with. I've been feeling sorry for myself too much lately, good to focus on other things....
This week has been Birthday week! Cousin Mateus had his 2nd Birthday party on Tuesday night, my dad's birthday was last night. I missed it due to relief society social. And this weekend Carter is going to a double birthday party for some 1st grade friends. He is so excited! He is getting to be such a big boy.
I am so excited for this season! Now all I need is a new spring haircut and highlights!!!!
KC lost his church keys last month and has been searching high and low for them! Then the mailman found them on his route and gave them to our neighbors. They were right by where his car was, hiding in the huge mountain of (melted) snow. We figure they must have fell out of KC's pocket one day while he was shoveling snow. That same week, there was a story of a missing man's body found in the snow as well. Who knows what else will come out of the woodworks.......
So now that there is even a small promise of spring, my kids have been loving it! I get Preston out on his bike and Kate in the stroller to pick Carter up from school. Kate loves being outside!!!! Even if I just run outside to take out trash Kate gets so excited and when I go back in it's like her dreams have been shattered. The lawn looks so gross and the weeds are poking out everywhere. Perhaps this will be the year we tackle them.....
Yesterday was our Relief Society birthday social and I was in charge of the dinner. I have never done that before and was wayyy stressed this week. What a relief when it was over last night. It seemed to turn out great and I was kind of glad to have something new in my life to deal with. I've been feeling sorry for myself too much lately, good to focus on other things....
This week has been Birthday week! Cousin Mateus had his 2nd Birthday party on Tuesday night, my dad's birthday was last night. I missed it due to relief society social. And this weekend Carter is going to a double birthday party for some 1st grade friends. He is so excited! He is getting to be such a big boy.
I am so excited for this season! Now all I need is a new spring haircut and highlights!!!!
Comments